X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stumped on what should be simple

Hello
    I am very new to Do-More & C-More.
    Each attempt to get my base program sorted ends up in a total mess (I have been working through the simulator on examples that others have posted and its all fantastic....until I try from fresh)
    I dont seem to be able to get set up correctly, All the videos Ive watched and reading the forum it looks quite simple....a few I/O's a HMI & a VFD (VFD I have not got talking to the Do-More as Yet) I have the C-More setup ready to go too.

I have attached my working files and a few pics if anyone is able to give some pointers or help out at all.

Thanks to everyone for the forum input....so far its been a good read & steep learning curve.

Justin
    Attached Files
    Last edited by jacomms; 11-05-2018, 09:23 AM.

PDF file fixed :-)

Comment

I dont seem to be able to get set up correctly,
      Please state exactly what you are having problems with. What doesn't work as you expect?
      thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Hi
        I dont seem to be able to get the encoder running and passing information to the C-More screen.
        Physical buttons I/O is no problem it more how to set up the encoder and working with the screen its self.

Comment

If you are using the BRX plc, your encoder may be set up to a high speed counter.

System Configuration
          BRX Local I/O
          High Speed I/O
          Counter - setup - Name like EncCtr1, Accumulated value will be in EncCtr1.acc

Perform a copy command each scan in a line of code that copies the EncCtr1.acc to a named tag, say D500
          Export the tags from the BRX and import the tags to the CMore.
          Use the D500 tag name in a CMore numeric display control to see the encoder high speed counter value.

You can use the Data View in BRX to see the values of EncCtr1.acc and D500

Comment

On a side note.....

Can the Do-More Simulator & the C-More Simulator install on the same PC interact as if they were a physical install??

My other issue is the PLC & Display are in a location with limited real world access & is 1/2 an hours drive away.

As for the encoder I think I understand thank you RogerR. Its a hard one as I haven't been able to find a "working" example code/flow/ladder as such to look at.
            If anyone has something Id love to see how you are doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jacomms View Post
              On a side note.....

Can the Do-More Simulator & the C-More Simulator install on the same PC interact as if they were a physical install??

My other issue is the PLC & Display are in a location with limited real world access & is 1/2 an hours drive away.

As for the encoder I think I understand thank you RogerR. Its a hard one as I haven't been able to find a "working" example code/flow/ladder as such to look at.
              If anyone has something Id love to see how you are doing it.
              The Do-more sim can work with a real C-more, but I don't think the C-more sim can talk to real devices.

For the encoder just go to the BRX HSIO page, select a counter/timer function, set it to Quadrature, select the desired input pins, and make sure the filters for those pins will pass the expected frequency. As was mentioned before, the encoder position will show up in the .Acc field of the counter structure. If you didn't rename it, it will be $HsCtrTmr1.Acc. You can stick that into a data view to see if you are getting encoder input.

The only rub is that depending on which driver you use, C-more doesn't provide direct access to everything in the PLC. That's why it was recommended to copy the .Acc value into D memory. I think the symbolic driver allows full access, but I'm not a C-more guy so I don't know for certain. The limitation is not the PLC.

Comment

Working...
              X