Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change internal IP-Address

Hello all,

I did setup the internal IP-Address to 192.168.0.202 while development and all worked fine.

Then I went to production site and changed to 192.168.1.202. It worked as well until I turned the PLC (BX-DM1E-36ED23) off and on again. It went back to 192.168.0.202

Then I connected with the optional ethernet at 192.168.0.200, made and changed the ip of the internal to 192.168.1.202. After this I turned off and on again and the address still was 192.168.1.202. So far, so good.

But then I connected with the do-more designer via internal Ethernet over 192.168.1.202, load the program in the PLC and switched the mode to "run" and I lost the connection. IP went back to 192.168.0.202. I did not even load a program from my laptop.

i tried so many things, I don't even remember. Spend all afternoon and could not get it going.

Do I miss to safe at one point the new IP-Address?

Any help is much appreciated - thanks!

There is only one copy of the IP address, so it isn't reverting, it's being changed by something. There is an instruction that will change the address (maybe IPCONFIG, but I don't remember for sure) are you sure the program doesn't have one?

Comment

Instruction is SETTUPIP. Unless of course this is an Ethernet POM and then the config can be stored in the SysConfig.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
        Instruction is SETTUPIP. Unless of course this is an Ethernet POM and then the config can be stored in the SysConfig.
        Thanks. Was away from a PC and forgot the name.

Comment

Oh man... Thank you so much, guys!

This is my very first project with BRX and d0-more designer. I did hard code the ip-address with SETUPIP at first scan!! Of course it will fall back on every start.

Sorry about that and thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X