• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dslusser
    started a topic Peer check on DL250 upgrade

Peer check on DL250 upgrade

Looking for a peer check on this application:

I have a 10 year old (estimate) Direct Logic chassis running a small system. (See attached picture)

I would like to upgrade the processor to a H2-DM1E due to needing to expand and needing ethernet connectivity.

I have the PLC program for the CPU.

Other than getting the program converted to the DoMore, what other stumbling blocks may I trip over? Like hardware compatibility issues?

Edit: Fixed attachment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dslusser; 01-07-2019, 06:12 PM.

• franji1
    replied
    Oh, and it's decimal (like Modbus), not octal

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    Originally posted by dslusser View Post
    Regarding that RJ12. Its an HMI (not a cmore). I will have to map out the Modbus registers.
    FYI, for Do-more, when it is a Modbus Slave to the HMI Master, Do-more already has 4 Modbus blocks of memory
    MI for Modbus Inputs
    MC for Modbus Coils
    MIR for Modbus Input Registers
    MHR for Modbus Holding Registers

In your program, you address them with the offset Modbus address. So Modbus Holding Register 40003 would be MHR3 (no 4xxxxx) portion. Modbus Input bit 10007 would be MI7.

So in Do-more, from your HMI's perspective, you might have a rung that whenever Modbus Input Bit 10007 turns ON, increment Modbus Holding Register 40003

Code:
       MI7
    ---] [---------[INC MHR3]
    There is no funky V memory mapping like there is with DL's implementation of Modbus. Do-more actually has Modbus memory blocks.

Leave a comment:

• dslusser
    replied
    Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
    The DmD software allows me to configure that rack with those I/O cards and the H2-DM1E processor. Whatever is plugged into the RJ12 serial port may, or may not work.
    Thanks for checking.

Regarding that RJ12. Its an HMI (not a cmore). I will have to map out the Modbus registers.

Leave a comment:

• Mike Nash
    replied
    The DmD software allows me to configure that rack with those I/O cards and the H2-DM1E processor. Whatever is plugged into the RJ12 serial port may, or may not work.

Leave a comment:

• dslusser
    replied
    Try this attachment. Its a picture of the rack.

Thanks for all the other comments.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Mike Nash
    replied
    No F2-CP128 ASCII communication module (BASIC module) support. Not much of a loss there though.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    No CTRINT and no expansion bases. Pretty much everything else is supported.

Leave a comment:

• bcarlton
    replied
    Your link is giving an 'invalid file'.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X