Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BobO View Post

MQTTS is already supported.
    Whelp....I must of missed something. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Comment

Originally posted by dslusser View Post

Whelp....I must of missed something. I'll be back at it tomorrow. Sorry for the inconvenience.
      No inconvenience. The protocol drop list in the MQTT device config allows you to select MQTT or MQTTS.

Comment

MQTTS was added when we added QoS 1.

Do-more/BRX is continuously being enhanced, and so there ends up being a bunch of features, so many "get lost" in the shuffle. The Updates.pdf file highlights all the features. It can be accessed via Designer's Start Page. Click on the What's New? Yellow Star in the top left corner of the Start Page. This will work for any version of Designer (you don't have to have 2.6.2 installed to see What's New, but you will have to have Internet access if you do not).

Here's the Release Notes in the section for 2.5.2 release in Updates.pdf regarding MQTTS:

Do-more Updates Rel 2.5.2, April 22, 2019

5. Enhancements
        a. BRX MQTT Client expanded to include MQTTS, QoS 1, and Persistent Session Type
        The previous version only supported unsecured MQTT, using QoS Level 0 (At Most Once), with Clean session type. BRX Do-more Technology Version 2.5 adds support for:
        o MQTTS using secured TLS / SSL encryption, port 8883
        o QoS Level 1 (At Least Once)
        o Persistent Session (Subscriptions and their QoS state are maintained)

Here's a link to the latest Updates.pdf:
        https://forum.hosteng.com/wndm/Updates.pdf
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Does the BRX support the use of custom client certificates for an MQTT connection? We’d like to connect the BRX directly to AWS IoT, which requires client certs for authorization.

Comment

Originally posted by dslusser View Post
            Does the BRX support the use of custom client certificates for an MQTT connection? We’d like to connect the BRX directly to AWS IoT, which requires client certs for authorization.
            Not yet, but that is something we will likely be addressing.

Comment

Working...
            X