FTP function

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTP function

I currently use the CMore EA9 to log data from a DirectSoft PLC and upload it to an FTP server. I would like to use the data logging functions of the BRX PLC, but the BRX does not offer FTP instructions. Is there a workaround, or are FTP instructions planned for a future Do-more release?

The current plan (soon-ish) is to add FTP, rather than try to use HTTP for file access. This would be server side (BRX would serve access to files located on BRX), and would not be a client (instruction to send to server). You can already send a file via email.

Comment

Do you have a target date for implementation, and is the HTTP function still planned? (for example, to send files to a SQL database)

Comment

HTTPCMD instruction is due out very, very soon. It will allow you to access REST APIs, which should make it possible to get into many/most DBs.

Comment

As of DMD 2.6.2, is there any way to make a file on the BRX SD card available to a C-more?

Comment

Not at this time unfortunately.

I suppose it could be done by reading it and passing it manually via tags,but that would be a pretty large programming effort on your part.
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatMarklar View Post
              As of DMD 2.6.2, is there any way to make a file on the BRX SD card available to a C-more?
              Not as of 2.6.2. We plan for 2.7 to be able to write to an FTP server, but I'm not familiar with C-more's FTP support.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post

Not as of 2.6.2. We plan for 2.7 to be able to write to an FTP server, but I'm not familiar with C-more's FTP support.
                The ability to write out to an FTP server from the BRX is what I really need, so that's perfect! Do you have a release estimate for 2.7?

Comment

Not any time soon. Probably early next year.
                  If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
                    Not any time soon. Probably early next year.
                    This ^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                    X