ERM modifying a network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ERM modifying a network

I have 6 slaves on an ERM network, several of them are now no longer used. But I do have a slave in use (slave 4). Can I remove the dead slaves? And if I do, will the address shift so slave 4 is readdressed? Also one of the older slaves will be reconfigured, is it best to delete it and add it back? Or should I leave everything and just add the old slave 4 as slave 7?

Thanks for the help.

Yes, addresses will shift.

Regarding an older slave being reconfigured, there are no "manual" or "offline" I/O configuration capabilities in ERM Workbench. Hence, re-query that slave.

One possibility is to leave one of the lower numbered slaves (say slave 0), and removing Slave 1, 2, 3. THEN, there is way to PAD I/O counts for a slave (but padding is only at the END). So you could then add PAD to Slave 0 equal to the I/O ranges for Slave 1, 2, and 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ERMConfigureSlave1.png
Views:	97
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	121154
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Not sure if you knew this, but you can take a slave OFFLINE by setting the corresponding Y bit for that slave. The ERM won't poll those slaves who have that bit set.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ERMSlaveOffline1.png
Views:	96
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	121156

There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Slave # is 1-based, except for the Slave Command Bits (e.g. Y300 is for Slave 1, Y301 is for Slave 2, Y317 is for Slave 16). Adjust accordingly. :-\

Comment

Probably should confirm that you really mean ERM, as in Hx-ERM module, and not Do-more's Ethernet Remote Master.

Comment

Working...
          X