H2-DM1E Freezing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H2-DM1E Freezing

At my facility, we have three pieces of equipment that are the exact same. The equipment is operated by a red lion display and a H2-DM1E CPU. I am curious to know if others have had issues with these CPU's? I am wondering if there is a quality issue or if it is program related. These three pieces of equipment frequently need to be reset due to the equipment either losing sequence or no longer responding. The equipment is used to test several parameters of the product. As a maintenance technician, this is quite annoying and wasteful. My experience with this companies products is quite positive, however, I have noticed more attention is needed with these equipment stations.

We know of no issues that would cause the H2-DM1E to freeze and have no reports that I am aware of. It would probably be best to have a conversation with a support technician at ADC or Host.

Comment

Does your equipment subject the PLC to a lot of vibration? I have that model CPU on 5 machines that run everyday with no issues.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Todd Dice, No the equipment is not subject to vibrations. I have not reviewed the program in depth, but, I wonder if the person who wrote the program made a mistake and its allowing it to freeze up. Or allow the steps to fall out of sequence. Like I said, I have used automation direct products and never have had negative issues until these three pieces of equipment.

Comment

Well, as BobO suggests, contact AD or Host.
          Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Afhicksjr View Post
            Todd Dice, No the equipment is not subject to vibrations. I have not reviewed the program in depth, but, I wonder if the person who wrote the program made a mistake and its allowing it to freeze up. Or allow the steps to fall out of sequence. Like I said, I have used automation direct products and never have had negative issues until these three pieces of equipment.
            We're happy to review your project. It is definitely possible to write code that causes a sequence to hang, but of course there could be other issues too. The problem when I hear a user use the word 'freeze' is that it is vague and could mean anything from busted hardware to busted firmware to poorly written user code. We definitely want to resolve any hardware or firmware issues, and we will provide as much guidance as possible in user programming issues.

Comment

If you disable the software watchdog (can even be done in the ladder) and then put the program in an unconditional loop (GOTO a LABEL in a previous rung) you can get a pretty unresponsive PLC - like power cycle to get a response in DMD. I had to use Task Manager to get the simulator shut down.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
                If you disable the software watchdog (can even be done in the ladder) and then put the program in an unconditional loop (GOTO a LABEL in a previous rung) you can get a pretty unresponsive PLC - like power cycle to get a response in DMD. I had to use Task Manager to get the simulator shut down.
                We believe in stocking the shop with strong rope and sharp saws. Of course caveat emptor.

Comment

Working...
                X