Do-more Designer and C-more Programming interaction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do-more Designer and C-more Programming interaction

When writing to a Do-more PLC (2.3.2), it interferes with work in C-more Programming 6.42. Why?

What do you mean by 'interferes'?

Comment

Writing a project from either program to the hardware locks up the other program until the write completes.

Comment

By "interferes with work in C-more Programming" do you mean when downloading to the PLC, the C-More touchscreen that is connected to the PLC gets it's communications interrupted? If that is the case, That is normal behavior as PLC goes out of RUN mode when a program is downloaded to it.

Comment

I can't speak to C-more software, but I know that DmD tends to be a little heavy handed in holding focus and preventing access to other applications while downloading. If that's what you are talking about, I agree, it's really annoying. I need to check with some of the other developers, but I suspect it's implemented that way because we've had such a difficult time keeping Windows from hurting us with regard to modality between windows within DmD. What I mean by that is when we download, it's a pretty important event that needs to be happen without interruption, and Windows has given us fits keeping focus where it needs to be. I suspect this is related to our comms being handled by another process (CommServer), but regardless, we've had situations where clicking around would allow windows to get out of order or be accessed when they shouldn't, resulting in crashes.

Comment

That makes sense. Thanks Microsoft! >.<

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatMarklar View Post
              That makes sense. Thanks Microsoft! >.<
              You have no idea.

Comment

Working...
              X