Stage Nickname in DMD2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stage Nickname in DMD2.5

In DMD 2.3 if i put a stage in, double clicked it would pull up the Element Picker, and then if i double clicked the location in the upper left, it would bring up the Element Browser.

In DMD 2.5 if i double click on the stage # entry like above, i get an error.

Is this by design? is the only way to do the nicknames for stages by going to the documentation editor?

I got it to work correctly in 2.3 and 2.5 with a contact with a S bit. But I could not get it to work at all for a SG instruction for 2.3 nor for 2.5 :-\

In both 2.3 and 2.5 in the SG instruction editor, I get a little help blurb telling me to enter either a fully qualified stage ($Main.S0) or just the stage number (S0).

What exactly are you seeing?

EDIT: for both 2.3 and 2.5
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

BTW, this DOES need to be addressed, I'm just trying to understand the scope of the issue. THANK YOU for pointing this out.
      There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Thanks for helping us figure this out. There is a setting in 2.3 that is NOT the default for 2.5, that makes this work as desired in 2.3 (but does NOT work in 2.5).

It appears that the Ladder Option setting for Automatically Showing Element Picker is the culprit.

Sadly, options are NOT MIGRATED from older installations. Some settings are in the INI file, most of those are migrated. HOWEVER, the ACTUAL OPTIONS DIALOG settings are in the DmOption.opt file in your public documents Designer installation BIN folder.

By default, Ladder View wants to AUTOMATICALLY SHOW the Element Picker. This is what makes it NOT work. Iím guessing you have this UNchecked in 2.3. To make this behavior work, in Ladder Options dialog, UNcheck the Automatically show Element Picker. Make sure all the Apply Options To checkboxes are CHECKED.

The F9 key will do the same thing for all other fields regardless of this setting, EXCEPT for the SG parameters. :-\

Comment

And it bears mentioning that element documentation workflow is going to be a major focus for our next release. This whole process will get significantly improved in 2.6.

Comment

Working...
          X