Got the HTTPCMD to work, but now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the HTTPCMD to work, but now...

Now Im getting timeout errors trying to send alerts via email, tested the credentials and it tests OK, even tried it on the Gmail app to send a email text and it works. Any chance the HTTP client that was made during the HTTPCMD programming, breaks the email? Thanks

It's more likely that you are overloading the Ethernet port. It does have a finite bandwidth. Maybe try spacing out some of your requests and poll times.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      It's more likely that you are overloading the Ethernet port. It does have a finite bandwidth. Maybe try spacing out some of your requests and poll times.
      Cant be, the HTTPCMD only runs when I push a button to get the temp, and the text alarms only happen when there is an alarm, Ive been manually just sending one email and it still times out, there is something more going on.

Comment

The HTTPCMD code shouldn't do anything to the email. There are a few tweaks in a number of things, including email, but Gmail was working fine last time I personally tested it. I'll check it out again.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
          The HTTPCMD code shouldn't do anything to the email. There are a few tweaks in a number of things, including email, but Gmail was working fine last time I personally tested it. I'll check it out again.
          Maybe the @email device and the @myhttpclient device? The test settings works as it should, the only thing that changed is the HTTPcmd code I was sent, and the @myhttpclient was created.

Comment

I reverted back to before the httpcmd and when email worked. Same thing, could there be a bug in2.5?

Comment

Gmail is working fine for me, and I added an HTTPCMD box as well, which also works. I'm sure there is a reason it's different for you, but it's not fundamentally broken.

Try running DMLogger and setting $EnableMsgDump (ST36) to see exactly what is going on during the email transaction.

Comment

Gmail is working fine for me, and I added an HTTPCMD box as well, which also works. I'm sure there is a reason it's different for you, but it's not fundamentally broken.

Try running DMLogger and setting $EnableMsgDump (ST36) to see exactly what is going on during the email transaction.
                Power reset the BRX and all looks good, though Im getting an ST143, there are no cards or IO on this BRX.
                Last edited by trimixdiver1; 03-30-2019, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Did you try running DMLogger?

If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                  X