BRX to Yaskawa V1000 drives

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRX to Yaskawa V1000 drives

I have 14 Yaskawa v1000 drives that I want to use explicit Ethernet messaging to operate. We are using a DoMore BRX cpu. I have bench tested one drive it works fine I can send/ receive all of the information. I am messaging using assemblies 21/71. I am connected to the network the MS light is solid green but the NS light is flashing green, All works but on any other system I use the NS light is solid green when it is on the system and working with the PLC. I called Yaskawa Tech support and they said the SI-EN3/V module may be defective However I tried two new one and the same result. I know there are some of you guys that have used Yaskawa drives (which we really like) and the DoMore (which we also like) to talk Ethernet I/P is it normal for the NS light not to be solid green, or do I have a problem. We have install thousands of the Yaskawa drives on Rockwell, GE, Modicon, etc. but this is the first DoMore with Ethernet.

Thanks for any help or insight you can give. I don't want the customer to have a problems with this setup, we talked them into the DoMore away from Rockwell and if it go well we hope to keep using DoMore in their factory.

JW

It is because you are not using Implicit communication, but Explicit.
    That is not a problem

Comment

We aren't there yet, but we do expect to have implicit scanner and adapter implemented later this year. I'm sure explicit works fine, but if this becomes a persistent concern, there will be an alternative.

Comment

Thanks, It works that is the main thing, I'll have to let our tech's and plant maintenance know this is normal and not a problem with this setup. I don't want them changing drives or communications modules if there is not a problem with them. It's easy to see the blinking light that is normally on and think that is a problem. We will update the program when the Implicit messaging is ready.

Comment

Working...
        X