Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to know if I can connect an absolute encoder to a PLC BRX and how to do it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to know if I can connect an absolute encoder to a PLC BRX and how to do it

Hello, I have a question?
    I want to know if I can connect an absolute encoder to a PLC BRX
    and how to do it

Yes. Depending on the encoder type you might use discrete inputs. The inputs need to be in sequence preferably starting with the first input. Then use the Gray code instruction to decode the inputs into a value. See help topic DMD0024
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      Yes. Depending on the encoder type you might use discrete inputs. The inputs need to be in sequence preferably starting with the first input. Then use the Gray code instruction to decode the inputs into a value. See help topic DMD0024
      thanks, it was very helpful..

Comment

Also keep in mind you don't have to use all the bits from the encoder if you don't need them all. It just depends on your resolution and how many I/O you have available.

Comment

Originally posted by Adisharr View Post
          Also keep in mind you don't have to use all the bits from the encoder if you don't need them all. It just depends on your resolution and how many I/O you have available.
          the encoder that you use is not of a high resolution 250 PPV and has an 8-bit output

Comment

Working...
          X