BRX max number of HSIO outputs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRX max number of HSIO outputs

I have a potential application where I need (20) sets of step-and-direction outputs. My math says I'd need the (3) high-speed step-and-direction outs in the PLC, and an additional (6) BRX HSIO1 modules. I'd use the baked-in I/O, along with (1) BX-16CD3D1 combo I/O module for things like home sensors and servo enables.

Can one BX-DM1E-36ED13-D PLC do that, or do I have to split the motion up over multiple PLC's? Moves would be AXPOSSCRV moves to preset positions.

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

3 on the PLC plus up to 8 additional modules (using an Ethernet capable 18 or 36 point CPU) x 3 per module = 27 possible axis of motion.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Do-more PE View Post
      3 on the PLC plus up to 8 additional modules (using an Ethernet capable 18 or 36 point CPU) x 3 per module = 27 possible axis of motion.
      Glad to know it's doable! Does that (8) module limit apply to any combination of expansion modules?

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan_Poethke View Post
        Does that (8) module limit apply to any combination of expansion modules?
        Local expansion is limited to 8 modules, but Ethernet based Do-more MPUs support Ethernet I/O talking to up to 16 BX-DMIO bases (actually any EBC100, including 205 and Terminator. so hybrid systems are possible).
        You can have non-intelligent modules utilize Ethernet I/O utilizing a BX-DMIO, but you can't put intelligent modules like BX-HSIO or BX-SERIO, just Discrete and Analog I/O.
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Working...
        X