BRX Filelog comand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRX Filelog comand

I cant figure out why my BRX creates a new file every time it logs. My other ones will just keep adding to the file until I move it. This one just creates a new file for every log event. I even tried selecting the timed logging in the box and get the same result. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I am logging to the SD card.

What are the file names being created? The default setting of the instruction will generate a new file daily, as long as the base filename isn't being changed.

Comment

This is what I have. I am saving the file name to SS2 so I can copy the entire file at the end of the month to a different directory on the SD card. I have done this on several other systems and its worked fine. Ive tried it edge trigered also and neither makes a difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FileLog.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	123254

Comment

Originally posted by gmweber View Post
        This is what I have. I am saving the file name to SS2 so I can copy the entire file at the end of the month to a different directory on the SD card. I have done this on several other systems and its worked fine. Ive tried it edge trigered also and neither makes a difference.

Click image for larger version

Name:	FileLog.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	88.6 KB
ID:	123254
        You are logging once an hour and generating a new log file name once an hour...hence new file every time.

Comment

I guess somehow I was under the impression that it would continue logging to the same file and just update the file name. As soon as I unchecked the append timestamp to file name box all is well. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Originally posted by gmweber View Post
            I guess somehow I was under the impression that it would continue logging to the same file and just update the file name. As soon as I unchecked the append timestamp to file name box all is well. Thanks for the help.
            The purpose of the time based filename is to allow you to have hourly, daily, monthly, or yearly log files.

Comment

Working...
            X