Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BX-06RTD - Resolution took a nosedive after 2.6 Upgrade last night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BobO
    replied
    Originally posted by skyfox View Post
    Hi BobO,

Just to make sure that I understand you correctly, are you saying that....

1. I should leave my probe type at PT100 as actual conversion of data for PT100 is taking place correctly.
    2. Error is only a display error in the module configuration dialog where it is displaying the values for the PJt100.

Thx.
    I believe that to be correct, yes.

Leave a comment:

• skyfox
    replied
    Hi BobO,

Just to make sure that I understand you correctly, are you saying that....

1. I should leave my probe type at PT100 as actual conversion of data for PT100 is taking place correctly.
    2. Error is only a display error in the module configuration dialog where it is displaying the values for the PJt100.

Thx.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    Ok Thanks.

It appears like you said indeed JPt100 and PT100 values are crossed. Does that mean I have have to change my probe type to Jpt100 so the card will use the correct WX4 values (-2000 to 8500) or leave it as it at Pt100? This has to have some sort of effect I am guessing. Else, why have a probe type selection? This is where my confusion comes from.
    All cosmetic. The piece of code that sets the display and default scaling values had the two defines swapped. Old eyes + nearly identical names = oopsie.

The module has to know what the probe type is to give you temperature from resistance. Every probe type has a different behavior (x ohms = y temp).

Leave a comment:

• skyfox
    replied
    Ok Thanks.

It appears like you said indeed JPt100 and PT100 values are crossed. Does that mean I have have to change my probe type to Jpt100 so the card will use the correct WX4 values (-2000 to 8500) or leave it as it at Pt100? This has to have some sort of effect I am guessing. Else, why have a probe type selection? This is where my confusion comes from.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    Need to confirm that the probe selection itself is correct, but assuming it is, all of this is convenience and cosmetics. It shouldn't prevent anything from working correctly.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    The UI is still not making sense to me. If WX4 is returning actual temp *10 then it implies WX4 min should be -2000 and max should be 8500 for the Pt100 probe type.

Not Understanding why WX4 is not -200 to 8500 if that was the case.

What am I missing on this RTD Dialog?

Thanks

Looks like the JPt100 and and Pt100 items are reversed.

Leave a comment:

• skyfox
    replied
    The UI is still not making sense to me. If WX4 is returning actual temp *10 then it implies WX4 min should be -2000 and max should be 8500 for the Pt100 probe type.

Not Understanding why WX4 is not -200 to 8500 if that was the case.

What am I missing on this RTD Dialog?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    The ranges were all being expressed as +-32K type numbers, even though temperature modules return actual temperature x 10. The UI was updated to reflect the actual values that should be returned for each probe type. The raw voltage modes return raw counts, and should be shown that way.

Leave a comment:

• BobO
    replied
    We fixed it the UI. It was misleading before. Nothing was changed in practice.

Leave a comment:

• BX-06RTD - Resolution took a nosedive after 2.6 Upgrade last night.

Does anyone know what is happening here? I do not have any RTD's attached to my test set-up at the moment but noticed this after the 2.6 Upgrade.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BRX RTD with DoMore V2.6.png
Views:	161
Size:	84.6 KB
ID:	123582
Working...
X