Connecting two BRXs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting two BRXs

Hi all, Iím new to the forums but have been using AD stuff for a few years now. I just purchased a second BRX DM1-36AR to upgrade a portion of my production line. BRX1 is controlling all of the operations of the first part of my line and BRX2 will control the second half. Is it possible to communicate between the two over a long distance (200ft) and share the input/output statuses between them?

depending on the amount of data - and comm port!
    Peerlink, Modbus or DoMore Modbus should work.
    Peerlink is limited (iirc) to 256 sixteen bit words and is communicated at 10 times a second - without you doing anything more than setup and enabling the instructions! One PLC publishes, one subscribes

[edit] I do not know if Peerlink works with the optional ethernet POM.
    Last edited by kewakl; 08-09-2019, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Can I use the 232/485 comm on the front of the BRX for this? The ethernet POM spec sheet says "This POM functions only as a server device."

Comment

Originally posted by Pete1552 View Post
        Can I use the 232/485 comm on the front of the BRX for this? The ethernet POM spec sheet says "This POM functions only as a server device."
        Neither serial port can do Peerlink, but should do either Modbus.
        I don't have DoMore installed here, so I can't readily check. For 200 ft, I would go 485 - if given the choice. also get the 9842 cabling

Comment

Originally posted by Pete1552 View Post
          Yes, 485 on the builtin port would work fine for this.

Comment

One more question, If I added a Cmore display to this system can I get an Ethernet POM and connect it to one of the BRXs?

Comment

https://accautomation.ca/modbus-rtu-...communication/
              The above is an example of the BRX communicating to a Click PLC through Modbus.
              This can easily be adapted to another BRX PLC instead of the Click.

Regards,
              Garry

Comment

This is all great information, thanks everyone for your help!

Comment

Working...
                X