What happened to the delete button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to the delete button?

Looks like in v2.6.2 the delete button now leaves the wire connected when deleting a contact. How do I restore the old function where it removes the wire? I used to use backspace when I wanted the connection to stay, and delete when I wanted to remove it.

I use Shift+Arrow to select the whole line, then hit Delete. Is that what you're trying to accomplish?

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt View Post
      I use Shift+Arrow to select the whole line, then hit Delete. Is that what you're trying to accomplish?
      No, just trying to delete a single contact in an OR structure, but now the delete button leaves a short-circuiting connection.

Comment

Hit the DEL button a second time - that should delete the contact (unless it's the first contact in the first row of the rung).

Most of the time whenever you delete a contact, you just want a wire to replace the contact, so we changed that behavior.
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Originally posted by franji1 View Post
          Hit the DEL button a second time - that should delete the contact (unless it's the first contact in the first row of the rung).

Most of the time whenever you delete a contact, you just want a wire to replace the contact, so we changed that behavior.
          That works, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by franji1 View Post

I actually discovered it was more like 50/50 for me in actual use after the new behavior. I wouldn't have thought it, but there it was. So just learning to remember now.

Comment

We listen. We makes changes. The key is to not annoy more than we make happy. Fine line sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
                We listen. We makes changes. The key is to not annoy more than we make happy. Fine line sometimes.
                BTW, I have been very pleased with version 2.6.2. The simulator is fantastic now that the two different functionalities are working for me. I was really impressed with how smoothly it loaded a real project and let me test it before the hardware was in hand. And the icing was finding the original DmSim was still maintaining it's "unreal" loaded program, frozen in time, ready to fire right back up at the next session.

Comment

Working...
                X