Do-more 2.6.3 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do-more 2.6.3 firmware

I can't find a reference to the 2.6.3 firmware anywhere, but DMD downloaded it on Friday. Is this a planned release, or should I wait?

It's planned. That firmware was published on the 19th. Do-more Designer responds to those updates.

Here's the revision history for the BX- firmware file (including 2.6.3):
    https://hosteng.com/HW-Products/DM1/...RevHistory.htm
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

Interesting ... I had the same problem about a week ago ... my computer said there was an update ...downloaded some files but nothing installed.

I uninstalled my software (dumb of me) ... went to the web site only to find 2.6.2 still the only one on the site.

So I re-installed it and still have 2.6.2 on the computer.

I am assuming it will update itself when needed ???

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by xtal_01 View Post
        Interesting ... I had the same problem about a week ago ... my computer said there was an update ...downloaded some files but nothing installed.

I uninstalled my software (dumb of me) ... went to the web site only to find 2.6.2 still the only one on the site.

So I re-installed it and still have 2.6.2 on the computer.

I am assuming it will update itself when needed ???

Mike
        You are confusing firmware and software versions. The OP was talking about firmware, which is at 2.6.3. You are talking about Designer (software), which is still at 2.6.2.
        There are 10 kinds of people in this world, those who know binary, and those who do not.

Comment

OK ... so I just checked under "system Information"

Under CPU Version Information .... Do-more 2.6.2 .... OS 2.6.2

I see a button saying "Use Live Update to get Firmware"

Before I hit it .... is this how to update the firmware? Just never done it before.

Thanks ....

Comment

Live Update is the mechanism to get the latest firmware files from Host Engineering. Then, after connecting to a PLC, look under the PLC menu for Update Firmware. There you can update firmware and/or gatearray/booter (Do-more PLCs use FPGA technology, so the booter/gatearray is one file ending in .ga, the firmware is the other file ending in .os).

Comment

Working...
            X