Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm looking to use Do-more with touch screen HMIs that aren't C-more. Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm looking to use Do-more with touch screen HMIs that aren't C-more. Suggestions?

The C-more HMIs play well with Do-more PLCs, no doubt. I'm looking for more in an HMI though. Does anyone have experience with other HMIs and Do-more? I'd like to use the native protocol and not fuss with converting every address to Modbus. Basically, I'm looking to make my life easier and my product better.

ezautomation.net has hmi's that support domore, beyond that, i dunno

Comment

Red Lion has the Do-more protocol I am fairly sure. Crimson software is free I think so it should be easy to check.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

We use Kep Infilink and Kep Server with no problems.

Comment

Thanks for the tips! I will dig into these options.

Comment

Originally posted by Orion HE View Post
            Thanks for the tips! I will dig into these options.
            Any HMI that can do Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU can communicate with the Do-more PLCs.
            Greg Kiser
            Hos Engineering, Inc.
            support@hosteng.com
            http://forum.hosteng.com
            This isn't all true.

Comment

Maple systems

Comment

Originally posted by GKiser View Post

Any HMI that can do Modbus TCP or Modbus RTU can communicate with the Do-more PLCs.
                Yeah, but I don't want something that is "compatible". I'd like to be able to program in the native data types. I have a project with over 2,000 addresses. I don't want to convert every address to a Modbus value and then have to reformat all the real values individually in the MHR locations. Nightmare!

Comment

Yeah, but I don't want something that is "compatible". I'd like to be able to program in the native data types. I have a project with over 2,000 addresses. I don't want to convert every address to a Modbus value and then have to reformat all the real values individually in the MHR locations. Nightmare!
                  That would be up to the HMI maker to develop a library/driver that knows the 'natives' in the desired brand of PLC.
                  I do not know of an HMI maker that has an open/moddable comms lib.

Comment

As Do-more PE suggested, Red Lion HMIs support Do-more protocol. The tag import doesn't work, unfortunately, but the native do-more data types are all recognized by the HMI software during development.

Comment

As Do-more PE suggested, Red Lion HMIs support Do-more protocol. The tag import doesn't work, unfortunately, but the native do-more data types are all recognized by the HMI software during development.
                      In (Crimson I think) build one of every datatype that you know to work, then export. This should provide an entry format and all the necessary device contexts Open in excel. create the other tags. Import. Test for functionality.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

In (Crimson I think) build one of every datatype that you know to work, then export. This should provide an entry format and all the necessary device contexts Open in excel. create the other tags. Import. Test for functionality.
                        I was told by Red Lion support that Crimson didn't support tag import for Do-more and your suggestion is what I asked him if I could use instead of official support. He said to go ahead and try. Sounds like you have already.

Comment

I was told by Red Lion support that Crimson didn't support tag import for Do-more and your suggestion is what I asked him if I could use instead of official support. He said to go ahead and try. Sounds like you have already.
                          No, I haven't. But, that is what I would try!

Comment

Working...
                          X