X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan_Poethke
    replied
    Originally posted by franji1 View Post
    That is definitely confusing. Hopefully we can make it more obvious that the status is intelligently formatting the .Acc value to be hours:minutes:seconds.milliseconds, but programmatically, the .Acc value is an integer in milliseconds.
    It would be cool if the comparative contacts "knew" they were looking at a timer's accumulator, and be able to be addressed as hours:minutes:seconds.milliseconds. If you weren't comparing a timer's accumulator, the contact would behave as it always has. Perhaps a "Timer Compare" set of instructions, so that people don't get confused regarding behavior?

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

Leave a comment:

• Ryan_Poethke
    replied
    Originally posted by M123 View Post
    Accumulator is ms
    That was it. I got fooled since you set the timer in seconds now, and don't have to do the mental math. I knew it was something silly.

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    That is definitely confusing. Hopefully we can make it more obvious that the status is intelligently formatting the .Acc value to be hours:minutes:seconds.milliseconds, but programmatically, the .Acc value is an integer in milliseconds.

Leave a comment:

• franji1
    replied
    Originally posted by M123 View Post
    Accumulator is ms
    Yes. The .Acc member is an integer constant representing the number of milliseconds.

Just change your constant compare values from floating point seconds to integer milliseconds (e.g. change 3.000 to 3000). That should get it working.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan_Poethke
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeN View Post
    It looks like it should work to me. Ther only two things I can think of would be if you are using those Y outs somewhere else and it is keeping them from turning on, or a strange interaction with the timer start and latch. If your timer is not working, then it *may* be because the edge contact is turning the line on for one scan, which turns the output on, but perhaps the output is not on during the next scan since the edge contact doesnt hold it on, and this the timer never latches? But thats assuming the timer isnt starting is the problem you are having.
    Nope. The timer starts and runs just fine. It's the comparative contacts that aren't behaving as expected. The less-than contacts ( < ) turn off as soon as the timer starts to run.

Ryan Poethke

Leave a comment:

• M123
    replied
    Accumulator is ms

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    It looks like it should work to me. Ther only two things I can think of would be if you are using those Y outs somewhere else and it is keeping them from turning on, or a strange interaction with the timer start and latch. If your timer is not working, then it *may* be because the edge contact is turning the line on for one scan, which turns the output on, but perhaps the output is not on during the next scan since the edge contact doesnt hold it on, and this the timer never latches? But thats assuming the timer isnt starting is the problem you are having.

Leave a comment:

• Ryan_Poethke
    started a topic Do-more timer

Do-more timer

I'm trying to sequence some outputs using comparative contacts by looking at the accumulator value of a timer. It's not working. Greater-than and less-than contacts are not working as expected. I've attached a screenshot.

Click image for larger version

Name:	timer.png
Views:	146
Size:	973.2 KB
ID:	125898
    I want Y3 to turn on for 1sec between 0 and 1sec, and Y6 to turn on for 1sec between 3 and 4sec. I've done this many times in DirectSoft, but I can't get it to work in Do-more Designer. What silly, simple thing am I missing here? Do comparative contacts work with timer accumulator values?

DMD 2.6
    PLC: BX-DM1E-18ED13-D

Thanks,

Ryan Poethke
    Attached Files
Working...
X