Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do-More H2 SSL/TLS like the BRX?

Hello All,

I know the BRX has SSL/TLS for sending emails through GMail. The H2 series doesn't have that option, but does anyone know if its planned for the H2? in the meantime, is there a way to use port 25, and still authenticate while using google SMTP? When I use port 25 and aspmx.l.google.com or smtp.gmail.com with no authentication, I get the "your settings are good" message, however, when trying to use the email instruction, I get a warning that I receive an unexpected response from the device. Any way to send emails with the H2 through gmail?

Originally posted by TL140 View Post
    Hello All,

I know the BRX has SSL/TLS for sending emails through GMail. The H2 series doesn't have that option, but does anyone know if its planned for the H2? in the meantime, is there a way to use port 25, and still authenticate while using google SMTP? When I use port 25 and aspmx.l.google.com or smtp.gmail.com with no authentication, I get the "your settings are good" message, however, when trying to use the email instruction, I get a warning that I receive an unexpected response from the device. Any way to send emails with the H2 through gmail?
    It could possibly be updated, but there are no current plans. There are a couple of significant hurdles that might cause more frustration than benefit.

I have not tested port 25 with gmail lately, but at one time it did work with AUTH LOGIN. One key point is that the IP addresses rotate, so you need to use DNSLOOKUP and DEVWRITE to set the the server address immediately before doing the EMAIL.

Comment

Originally posted by BobO View Post
      I have not tested port 25 with gmail lately, but at one time it did work with AUTH LOGIN. One key point is that the IP addresses rotate, so you need to use DNSLOOKUP and DEVWRITE to set the the server address immediately before doing the EMAIL.
      Right now, if I go on port 25 with any type of authentication, i get the "unable to authenticate user name and password" when I try to test my settings. I test it on the simulator with SSL enabled, then it works no problem. I really was hoping to send emails through the PLC, because I have coded in a settable schedule that will send emails only on the days that are set up for a particular user. I was using the CMore to send emails, but the customer wanted that schedule in there for his techs. Also had to do a remote upload every time someone wanted to be added or removed from the email list. Not a fan of remote uploading so i also fixed that with the PLC

Comment

I believe some people get around it by using an email relay server. It isnt secure, but it gets around not having SSL/TLS support for direct login to gmail and other services that require it.
        Another option is to set up an email on a different service that allows unsecure login still.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
          I believe some people get around it by using an email relay server. It isnt secure, but it gets around not having SSL/TLS support for direct login to gmail and other services that require it.
          Another option is to set up an email on a different service that allows unsecure login still.
          Any recommendations for either of those services? I just attempted mailjet and the generated username and password exceeded the character limits of the Do-More. I dont see any way to adjust it on their site either.

Comment

Working...
          X