BRX won't boot with new HSIO1 installed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BRX won't boot with new HSIO1 installed

I have a BX-DM1E-10ED13-D that I am trying to add a BX-HSIO1 high speed card to for 2 additional axis of stepper control. I just received the HSIO1 today. When I attach to the PLC and power ON the plc LED's blink like its booting normal, then they all flash twice and start over until I power it off. If I remove the card it boots correctly.
    The event log shows a continuous "Error restoring program from SDCard". (no sd card is being used) and "I/O Configuration updated".
    I think PLC firmware and Do-More designer are up to date.
    I have included screenshots of both.

What am I missing? Any help would be appreciated as this is a rush job.

Thanks
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BRX_HSIO_Info.png
Views:	58
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	128489
    Click image for larger version

Name:	BRX_HSIO_EventLog.png
Views:	57
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	128490
    Attached Files

Do you have another BRX CPU you could try it with?

Comment

Unfortunately, no. The BRX CPU works fine with other cards I have tested. As soon as the HSIO is added it causes the problem. I am inclined to think I got a bad HSIO card.

Comment

I had what I think was the same issue.. Unhook the HSIO.. then update the firmware in the BRX.. Then re-connect the HSIO, and power up..

Cap

Comment

Originally posted by skeller2020 View Post
          Unfortunately, no. The BRX CPU works fine with other cards I have tested. As soon as the HSIO is added it causes the problem. I am inclined to think I got a bad HSIO card.
          It's the CPU. The 5D P/S card revision went unstable when the HSIO came out of reset. You need to get a CPU replacement from ADC.
          Last edited by BobO; 02-14-2020, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap View Post
            I had what I think was the same issue.. Unhook the HSIO.. then update the firmware in the BRX.. Then re-connect the HSIO, and power up..

Cap
            The FPGA and OS had to be updated to talk to the HSIO module, but the OP is fine. Different problem.

Comment

Working...
            X