Brx Firmware Roll Back?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brx Firmware Roll Back?

Updated the DoMore software to 2.7, and it included my dream list. So many things I would think of, that would be great, and there it is in 2.7, awesome. Thanks
    I then went a step further and did the firmware updates to the BX-DM1E. It is now running
    DoMore 2.7.0, OS 2.7.1 Booter 1.0.7 FPGA 1.12 Hardware 6A3A.

Right after the updates I started have issues with inputs on the BX-08AD1, showing faulty sensors, while the input current was fine. Also I use STREAMIN to read a scale and it was no longer able to sync on the Delimiter characters. I did a reload of the OS and FPGA and the problems with the BX-08AD1 went away. But the STREAMIN is still not working properly, I can see the ascii characters flying through the String Structure, but it will not sync up with the output stream using the delimiters. It all worked until I did the updates.

I would like to roll back the OS, Booter, FPGA in the PLC to get my Steamin working again. Not sure what I had in the PLC that was working before the update.
    Thanks
    David

The STREAMIN issue is already fixed. We will be rolling out 2.7.2 shortly. I’m not sure why going back to the prior version wouldn’t fix it though. There were two changes for 2.7.1. A bug fix pertaining to termination, which might change behavior, but it is the correct behavior. There was a bug introduced when we added support for the BX-SERIO, that also seemed to impact termination. That’s what we fixed.

There were no changes that affected the 08AD1 for 2.7. What firmware versions were you running previously?

Comment

Rolled back to 2.6.3 and system is back up and running with STREAMIN. Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the 2.7.2 release.
      Not sure what happened with the 08AD1. After the 2.7 update... We are using the first 3 channels, and after the update, there were no values being read from the card.
      Tested my hardware to make sure the sensors were getting voltage and measured the current and all was good going into the card. We reran the updates to the CPU and then all was good, with the exception of the STEAMIN. Gremlins...
      One for the suggestion box if possible... Nicknames are shown on the IO card configuration page, so we can see what sensor is wired to which channel.
      Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DSandelman View Post
        Rolled back to 2.6.3 and system is back up and running with STREAMIN. Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the 2.7.2 release.
        Not sure what happened with the 08AD1. After the 2.7 update... We are using the first 3 channels, and after the update, there were no values being read from the card.
        Tested my hardware to make sure the sensors were getting voltage and measured the current and all was good going into the card. We reran the updates to the CPU and then all was good, with the exception of the STEAMIN. Gremlins...
        One for the suggestion box if possible... Nicknames are shown on the IO card configuration page, so we can see what sensor is wired to which channel.
        Thanks
        We expect to roll out 2.7.2 shortly. Probably today, tomorrow at the latest.

Comment

Thanks! Keep up the great work!!

Comment

2.7.2 went live today. Fixes this issue.

Comment

2.7.2 installed and working. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by DSandelman View Post
                2.7.2 installed and working. Thanks!
                Sorry it was broken to start with. Thank you for your patience!

Comment

Don't see 2.7.2 at AutomationDirect
                  thePLCguy

Bernie

Comment

Originally posted by bcarlton View Post
                    Don't see 2.7.2 at AutomationDirect
                    It's available through our updater. It will take a bit to flow through the entire system.

Comment

This is an OS update in the PLC, not Do-More. Do-More 2.7 will get latest firmware for your PLC.
                      In the Do-more software, Select 'PLC' (at the top), then 'Update Firmware'

Comment

Working...
                      X