P3k/Slave Setup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
    "Yeah, still an issue obviously. I work with dual monitors when I'm at my desk (via my laptop) and I don't always remember to open PSuite, move all of the windows back to the laptop display and then close out before I go back home for the week or head to a jobsite."

Just FYI, if you go to Tools -> Reset Screen Layout it will move back any open windows to the main screen.

We will get with developers to begin looking into making this an automatic function if only 1 monitor is detected.
    Please not in the current sense. I continue to hear this 'FIX' and continue to say NO to this 'FIX'
    This fix will totally hose any window configuration that is in place at the time

I like to configure my PAC editor like this (NOTE the Apps, Tasks, and Inst MOUSEACTIVATED flyouts on the left and the Tags and Dataview docked in ONE window)
    I get a bit more horizontal window space like this. We know that we need MORE horizontal space.........

Click image for larger version

Name:	MyCFG.png
Views:	14
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	110550

Your 'FIX' will ALWAYS reset to THIS configuration.
    Surely we do not want this EVERY TIME the software dumps on us.

The PAC editor defaults to this (NOTE the Apps, Tasks PINNED MAXIMIZED on the left and Inst PINNED MAXIMIZED on the right and the Tags and Dataview in there OWN window)
    AND the RESET will kill the Tags/Dataview windows
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DEFAULTCFG.png
Views:	12
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	110551

Comment

I WANT to use Brandon's version of a layout, but sadly, my eyes are only good for kewakl's version anymore.

Comment

"Please not in the current sense. I continue to hear this 'FIX' and continue to say NO to this 'FIX' This fix will totally hose any window configuration that is in place at the time"

Never said it was a fix. I was simply recommending a work around to get any off screen windows back to the main screen.
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Nash View Post
          I WANT to use Brandon's version of a layout, but sadly, my eyes are only good for kewakl's version anymore.
          And I do it on a high res 14.1" screen too! Eventually I'm moving up to a Precision 5520 machine, so I go up to a 15.6" display. But that's also going from 1920 to 3840 res. I should be able to pack a ton of stuff into that screen!

Comment

"Please not in the current sense. I continue to hear this 'FIX' and continue to say NO to this 'FIX' This fix will totally hose any window configuration that is in place at the time"

Never said it was a fix. I was simply recommending a work around to get any off screen windows back to the main screen.
            kewakl is saying to NOT make the "fix" simply auto detecting the monitor and if only 1 monitor is detected to reset the display layout (and I 100% agree with him).

It needs to be smart enough to logically say "I was shut down last with all of my windows on monitor 2. But now there is only 1 monitor. Move all windows in their current state to monitor 1".

Comment

Completely agree that there needs to be a global reset (current) & a user defined or default reset that will get you back to a useable state without losing any of your current window configuration/setup.
              If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by mike nash View Post
                i want to use brandon's version of a layout, but sadly, my eyes are only good for kewakl's version anymore.
                haha me too!

Comment

Wait. How do you get the tagbase and dataview on the same window????

Comment

Originally posted by g.mccormick View Post
                    Just open them?

They're both floating windows that you can have open anywhere in the workspace. I routinely run Productivity ladder full screen on one monitor and data view, tag database and bit histogram open on my second monitor. Anything in the Application Tools box can be opened / layered on top of each other.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post

Just open them?

They're both floating windows that you can have open anywhere in the workspace. I routinely run Productivity ladder full screen on one monitor and data view, tag database and bit histogram open on my second monitor. Anything in the Application Tools box can be opened / layered on top of each other.
                      Ya gotta drag one window on top of the other, being careful where the dragged-window is when released. You may have to PLAY AROUND with it after the drop to get it to appear as a TABBED window. It may appear as a divided window or a tabbed window. just keep dragging one around,. You can get either to be left-most or top-most -- your choice.

Anyone want to ask me again why I do not like the Tools. Reset Screen Layout. Hint, it is aggravating to get the windows back to where I HAD THEM before PAC SUITE BARFED!

Comment

True, but it has been offered up SO MANY TIMES that one would think that this is the pinnacle of PAC SUITE window position sanity check.
                        Sometimes a PAC SUITE restart or even a PC reboot is an easier 'workaround' than a Reset Screen Layout. -- depending on what else that I am doing at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Ya gotta drag one window on top of the other, being careful where the dragged-window is when released. You may have to PLAY AROUND with it after the drop to get it to appear as a TABBED window. It may appear as a divided window or a tabbed window. just keep dragging one around,. You can get either to be left-most or top-most -- your choice.

Anyone want to ask me again why I do not like the Tools. Reset Screen Layout. Hint, it is aggravating to get the windows back to where I HAD THEM before PAC SUITE BARFED!
                          Sweet.

So you just re-combine them everytime you close/open PAC suite then? Thanks for the layout tips.

Comment

Sweet.

So you just re-combine them everytime you close/open PAC suite then? Thanks for the layout tips.
                            NO, once, unless you use Tools.Reset Screen Layout!

Comment

You must Unlock Layout (pad lock icon on the top tool bar), then open the Data View, Open the Tag Database, grab one and drag it on top of the other. Like kewakl said, you may have to play with it until you see the outline expand the full width & height of the window underneath. If you get them stacked horizontal or vertical, pull one completely off and then bring it back in. Once positioned to your liking, lock the layout back down (pad lock icon on the top tool bar) and it will be saved from session to session ... unless something catastrophic happens (sorry, we'll look into that more!?!?)
                              - J. Payne
                              "Controls make the world go round"

Comment

Working...
                              X