P1K To C-More

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P1K To C-More

Do the EA9-Touch Screens support the P1K?
    How about the EA7 Series?

Should be able to use the P3K driver. for either

Comment

Haven't tried EA9 but the EA7 that I have on Select-protocol-dropdown menu it only lists support for a Productivity 3000 CPU and I can't get it to respond.

Comment

How do you have them connected?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	C-more Ip2.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	110482Click image for larger version

Name:	P1K IP.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	80.5 KB
ID:	110483
          Click image for larger version

Name:	C-more ip.PNG
Views:	20
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	110481

Using Ethernet. I am under the assumption that all I have to do in P1K is configure the IP and import the tags into C-More.No?
          On the P1K pic you only see 92.168.137.205 because the window is not wide enough.

Comment

Looking at your Panel Manager window, you have 2 Devices (DEV001 and DEV002). Could it be that you inadvertently set your Tag assignments to DEV001 (assuming nothing is connected to the serial port?) and not DEV002?

Comment

Originally posted by jackson View Post
              Looking at your Panel Manager window, you have 2 Devices (DEV001 and DEV002). Could it be that you inadvertently set your Tag assignments to DEV001 (assuming nothing is connected to the serial port?) and not DEV002?
              Ha! Jackson. I have done that. I rename the DEVICE to something sensible.
              *EA request, can we get more than 8 characters in the DEVICE name, thanks*

pbw
              I am going to assume that you can transfer the program to the EA7 and the P1K. I also will assume that you can see each device in their respective device browsers.
              Do you see any HMI alarm banner with a message containing '0002'?
              Can you post a pic of your EA7 tag database with some P1K tags assigned?

Comment

Do you see any HMI alarm banner with a message containing '0002'?

Yes that is the exact message that I got.
                I'm not at the office right now so I can't do much
                Any thoughts?

Comment

Investigate what Jackson suggested. Do you have the tags assigned to DEV001 or DEV002?
                  from help topic CM516
                  Error Code 0002
                  Address out of range. Check to make sure that the C-more tag and System ID match the Productivity3000 Programming Software Tag Name and System ID. The project file in the Productivity3000 system and the imported CSV into C-more must be in sync with each other.

Look in the hardware manual chapter 5. It should be available from the start menu (programs --> AutomationDirect) where you normally find CMore software.
                  On the HMI - Main Menu - Information Button, Error Tab

Look for offending tag references in the Error Tab. You may want to clear the list, then exit back out to RUN MODE, then get back in to the Error Tab for a smaller list to work with.
                  Chapter 5 pg 18 tells you how to decipher the error list.

Comment

Am I missing something, your CPU is listed a 92.168.xxx.xxx, the other HMI is 192.168.xxx.xxx. How is that going to work?

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
                      Am I missing something, your CPU is listed a 92.168.xxx.xxx, the other HMI is 192.168.xxx.xxx. How is that going to work?
                      He has the same IP for the CPU and HMI???

Comment

Originally posted by a agnone View Post
                        The display field isn't large enough to show all 15 characters, so the "1" is getting pushed off to the left. pbw explained that at the bottom of the post.

pbw , from a computer, can you ping both 192.168.137.205 and .210?

Your setup looks correct. I've never used the EA7's with a P2K/P1K, so I can't say for sure if it infact does only support the P3K or not. I would be shocked if that was the case, but I suppose it's possible.

Comment

Yes I can ping them and they are communicating. I suppose it would be a tagname conflict that I will have to iron out next week.
                          Thank you all for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon_ View Post

The display field isn't large enough to show all 15 characters, so the "1" is getting pushed off to the left. pbw explained that at the bottom of the post.

pbw , from a computer, can you ping both 192.168.137.205 and .210?

Your setup looks correct. I've never used the EA7's with a P2K/P1K, so I can't say for sure if it infact does only support the P3K or not. I would be shocked if that was the case, but I suppose it's possible.
                            I have connected the P1K to an EA7. NO issues.

Comment

This is the first time I've tried a PxK series. As long as I know its doable, eventually it'll "click".

Comment

Working...
                              X