P2-550 memory goes crazy when stop mode transfer or PLC switch to stop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2-550 memory goes crazy when stop mode transfer or PLC switch to stop

I might have downloaded a wrong hardware configuration, but I fixed the hardware configuration then I even did the CPU remove project, i still get crazy values for my tags - I then set all the initial values in my projects but not working. The project works fine until the CPU starts after a stop - all the tags' value become wired numbers, I have to use data view to set those tags online and they work.

Any ideas?

Did you try deleting the entire project (CPU > Remove CPU project) from the PLC, then re-uploading the project from Productivity Suite?

Comment

Thank you, Brandon. Yes, I did. I tried several times re-download the whole program to PLC, but it did the same thing - I start to wonder if Productivity has a dedicated retentive memory and it is corrupted or the system retentive memory loader has a pointer bug.

Comment

Interesting. I've never run into anything like that and I've purposely uploaded incorrect hardware configs.

What version of software are you using? You may be able to force a firmware update? Alternately, pulling power AND the backup battery will clear the memory.

Comment

Post a pic of Tools.Options. Project Transfer tab setup

Comment

Here you are the setup.
            Attached Files

Comment

I will try to check the battery.

Comment

I have had this happen several times lately. I had to cycle power and reload the file.

Comment

Taken battery off did work for a few minute but failed again after switch it off then back on. Attached are the values from the data view. I replaced with a new CPU and the new CPU works. Something wrong with the old CPU, but Gadget says he sees the same problem - i hope it is not a bug.

Thanks for all the helps. I will just dump the old CPU and work with the new one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you try a firmware and MAYBE a software rev change. I had a P3-550 that thought that a constant value of 1 equaled 1,036,831,949
                    That post was made when I had issues posting images.

Comment

Working...
                    X