Err E01100 Timer create CHUNK_RX

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Err E01100 Timer create CHUNK_RX

Does anyone know what this message in a P2K is? I saw it for the first time a few weeks ago but now every time I try to upload my program the unit locks up with this error.

Thanks

I figured this one out. I had a rung with a OUT instruction that was missing a tag somehow. When I tried to upload the project to the plc it would lock up the unit and stop communicating with the computer. The project was compiling successfully though. After I restarted the software the missing tag was flagged as an error prior to uploading and I was able to fix it.

Comment

smh at the dev's prerelease test procedures........................................ .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .........

Comment

Just ran into the same Error. Cant seem to find anything in the manual regarding it. Tried to restart the software and the project compiled but cannot put the PLC in run mode or download.

Comment

Have you tried to power cycle the PLC then re upload the program?

Comment

just had the same error..same symptoms p1k after adding an out

Comment

I am still having the issue myself, I will try to contact tech support today.

Comment

If you contact support please provide the following as we have been trying to duplicate this for over a week.

1) When did it happen? download, project change, what was changed?
                2) How are they communicating to the cpu?
                3) If during download how many times had they downloaded? Just once? Multiple in a row?
                4) Stop Mode or run mode download?
                5) If Ethernet are they local or on a network? Network topology

6) Was this a project converted from and older project and what version?

Any specific or steps when it happens or happened may help.
                Can they reproduce? If so how?
                Provide a system report as well as your log file from c:\ProgramData\AutomationDirect\(your sw version)\log file

If you are able to reproduce specifics would be great.
                Last edited by PSeries_Eng; 06-15-2018, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Hi, thanks for the response. I contacted support yesterday and sent in a system report. To continue the conversation here:

1. I haven't figured out exactly what it is that triggers it. I am still actively developing this project and I have (had) a habit of sending changes to the PLC very frequently. Now that I am nervous about this error I only send the changes once a week or so and it seems to happen every time. I tried to force the error yesterday by copying a task and putting it in the disabled list then sending it to the PLC. This actually generated a new error E01005 System Restart.
                  2. I am connected over our network, the PLC and computer are connected to two separate switches that are connected via fiber. I only use one computer to work on the program.
                  3. I am not sure about this question.
                  4. I almost always run mode download but I think the issues happens in stop mode as well, I will try to replicate today.
                  5. answered above.
                  6. I have been working on this project for a year or two and have used multiple versions of the software. It may be possible that I edited the project with an older version of the software within the last few months on accident. I only recently removed all the previous versions.

Comment

Did you provide this information to the tech support team? We have a process and the information needs to be entered into a ticket so it can be documented and passed to our developers. If this information is only here in the forum people are left out of the process and information is scattered and sometimes overlooked. Using the forum for more in depth troubleshooting is not the purpose of the forum.

Comment

Yes, all of this information has been provided to support.

Comment

Thank You!

Comment

According to tech they received no information on the questions that I asked. So we already have discrepancies in information between departments. PLEASE make sure they have this information. Also any more info on your network topology would be great. Any devices besides plc and pc??

Comment

Sorry for any confusion, I have been emailing and talking to support on the phone so communications may be out of sync. I believe that all of the questions have been answered other than the latest question about other devices on the network.

I replaced the CPU with a spare that I had on the shelf and the problem seems to have gone away.

Comment

Thanks again... if you return the cpu please make sure to have the returns associate note that the cpu needs to come back to the attention of the product engineers. If it is a cpu issue then we can test it and try to duplicate.

Comment

Working...
                              X