Keyence SR-752 to P1000 over Ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keyence SR-752 to P1000 over Ethernet

I'm trying to run a Keyence SR-752 code reader with a P1-540 over Ethernet. I pulled in the EDS file, I've tried to set up my data Arrays as many ways as could possibly make sense. I'm getting "Invalid segment in path" and no data back from the reader. Has anyone successfully integrated these two over Ethernet? If so what did you set your data arrays to, and what else could it be?

Thanks

Do you need the status header (check box under the tab O->T (Output))? I did a project using a Cognex Dataman, and it would not work without that box checked. Also, is your IP address correct?

Even though it's nice to be able to import EDS files (didn't know Facts added the capability), I'd still compare it to the information given on page 126 of the scanner's SR750/700 Series Users manual (English).
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

The Status header is on and grayed out using the EDS file. I know the IP address is correct, only have PLC, sr750, and my computer on the network and can ping everything. I've tried multiple configurations, everything is organized into 16 bit integers according to the manual, but for the AB setup you use Dint(32 bit). So I have tried both, and have the same problem.

I guess I'll try building a Generic Client next and see if I can get any further.

Comment

I set it up using the Generic Client and still have the same problems. Is there anyone that has successfully ran a Keyence reader over Ethernet with a Productivity PLC??

Comment

Can you post screenshots of your EtherNet/IP configuration (t->o, o->t, and config data) from the Productivity Suite software?

Comment

I have not. If you have the time, try my attempt, but be sure to change the IP address to suit your application.
            Attached Files
            If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

This is how I have it setup right now. I'm trying 8 bit But I have also tried 16 and 32. I also tried using a Generic Client. Basically whatever I do, it will not have any connection, or I will have the "Invalid segment in Path". I also tried the setup Ridgeline Mach posted and got the same "invalid segment in path"
              Attached Files

Comment

Can you also post the Configuration Data tab?

Comment

Thought I did, sorry, here it is.
                  Attached Files

Comment

When manually creating a device have you tried to check "enable configuration data"? I read in the manual that it appears this is not required, however, if you read thru the below post it cleared up the same error but on a different vendor device:

https://forum.automationdirect.com/f...acromag-xt1112

A couple of other options:

1.) Have you tried contacting Keyence to verify the values being used in the I/O messaging (P series) & SR-750 configuration settings are correct for your device?
                    2.) Create a connected Explicit Message and then use the EMSG instruction to read and write to parameters needed for your application. The values needed for the fields in the EMSG instruction are located in the SR-752 manual.

Comment

I've tired enabling config data, same thing happens, " invalid segment in path" and no data back

Keyence has not been supper helpful because the generally only work with AB or Omron. But I will try and get some feed back form them again.

I've looked at using messaging, but I'm having problems there as well. I have the Class, Instance and Attribute I need, but I can't enter those into the Data Block directly, so its not really helpful.

Basically any money I have saved by getting the P1000 over an AB system has been blown trying to integrate with it. I'm not the biggest fan of AB but at least I can get it to work quickly...

Comment

For explicit messaging change the drop down for "service" to generic and this will allow the class, instance and attribute to be editable.

Comment

If you had it setup like Ridgeline_mach just double check to make sure that the "enable config data" is checked like his( According to the manual it requires the config data with a 1 for assembly instance and a 0 for data) and make sure the number of bytes matches his.. It looks like 500 input(T>O) and 496 output(O>T). Having the config data checked will add 4 bytes. Also make sure the "multicast/unicast" is set to unicast like his.
                          Last edited by techme; 05-29-2018, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by techme View Post
                            Having the config data checked will add 4 bytes.
                            On the point above, I think you are talking about the "Include Status Header" option. The Key point is that Ridgeline_mach has had success with his setup so emulate his settings EXACTLY. EtherNet/IP devices are notoriously picky about all these settings. The "Include Status Header" option will change the size and I've seen the error you are speaking of when I had my size set incorrectly.

Comment

I got it communicating, still not fully functional. I had to use a Generic Client. I could never get the EDS file to work right. I have
                              INPUT: Delivery set to "Unicast", Ass.Instance 100, 16bit data array, 250 Elements
                              OUTPUT: Include Status header on, AssInstance 101, 8 Bit Data array, 496 Elements
                              CONFIG: Enabled, AssInstance 1, 0 elements

I can trigger the SR750 to read, and I'm getting the trigger count back, and some data back. I am not getting the right acknowledgments back. Also The numbers I'm getting are in Decimal, and I don't see a way to convert them to ASCII so I can actually use them. It seems like the data is organized in 16bit increments but I can only send "read" command if I have "output" set to 8 Bit.

Also, why in the world do Bit numbers in Productivity start counting with 1 rather than 0? Is there a setting to change that?

Comment

Working...
                              X