No announcement yet.

Keyence SR-752 to P1000 over Ethernet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. I notice you've changed the data types, but increased their size to match what they'd be if they were of the type recommended in the manual. So, maybe that is why everything else you mention is incorrect.
    2. No, you can't force the bit number to start at zero, so instead of something starting at zero, it will start at 1.
    3. Yes, most vendors have documentation for Allen-Bradley, because most end users are brainwashed that it's the best. Too bad high cost and hype doesn't equal good (the membrane keys on Micrologix 1400's are crap!!!!)
    4. Just slog through this, and move on. I've used Allen-Bradley PLC's since the 80's, and it wasn't until I found Automation Direct in 2012 that I discovered a source with great products who don't feel every interaction with the customer has to be a revenue stream (Tech-connect, anyone, anyone?).

If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

What do you mean by #1? The manual shows everything in 16 bit, but the outputs aren't working unless I have them in 8 bit. Every time I change data type, I adjust the number of elements to fit. Are you saying maybe I forgot to?

Comment

Originally posted by AJones_Promatic View Post
        What do you mean by #1? The manual shows everything in 16 bit, but the outputs aren't working unless I have them in 8 bit. Every time I change data type, I adjust the number of elements to fit. Are you saying maybe I forgot to?
        I apologize, my statement was clumsily written.

You have your inputs as 16-bit, 250 elements. This seems similar to 32-bit, 125 elements, as the documentation recommends. And your outputs at 8-bit, 496 elements, and that seems similar to 32-bit, 124 elements, also as the documentation recommends. This is what I meant.
        If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Yes, but the odd thing is, If i use 32 bit, 125 elements, I get no data back/ can't trigger or anything.

Comment

The " Copy Character " instruction with a copy type set to "Integer Array to String" will produce the scan string. I use a lot of DM-260 scanners and a few SR-700's.

Comment

im having the same problem can you guys post your final setting i would very much be thankful
              thanks

Comment

Working...
              X