Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy data command can't be in a subrung?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeN View Post
    I would prefer to just make them on different rungs, but I guess if you want to group a whole section of instructions it would be useful.
    Yes, grouping some into rung/subrung is useful to me if they're interdependent of each other, then the rung comment can cover all. It's just another reason why I prefer the Productivity PLC's over other brands and types. Although, I have used a few Clicks when budget concerns are there, and speed of processor is not an issue.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    If you do it the way you were, if you right click that new spot at the beginning of the subrung you can select wire -> to output and it will make a rung connection to the end. You can then put your instruction in. It still is part of the subrung, but it just has a connection to the main power rail. I would prefer to just make them on different rungs, but I guess if you want to group a whole section of instructions it would be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    I am aware of that shortcut, but for the reason that I do all my programming on a laptop with limited view space, if there is a branch, I prefer to have it show to the left, and not hidden off the screen of my laptop at the right.

To-may-toe, to-mah-toe.

Leave a comment:

• techme
    replied

What I did was, I just did a carriage return, and moused over to below the timer, and typed CPD, and got nothing.
    Why do all that?

CTRL+ Down arrow key will create a branch.

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    Huh.

What's different here is you had to make the vertical branches, correct?

What I did was, I just did a carriage return, and moused over to below the timer, and typed CPD, and got nothing. What I thought would happen is, that the software would automatically create the connection line to the left of the CPD.

Live and learn.

Leave a comment:

• techme
    replied
    Works here. tested 3.2.2.4 also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cpd_branch 3.2.1.1.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	113656

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    started a topic Copy data command can't be in a subrung?

Copy data command can't be in a subrung?

P suite ver 3.2.1 (1). writing 2 simple timers, the first is the beginning of the rung, the second timer is a subrung, attempting to add a copy data as a subrung and nothing.
Working...
X