Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Copy data command can't be in a subrung?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copy data command can't be in a subrung?

P suite ver 3.2.1 (1). writing 2 simple timers, the first is the beginning of the rung, the second timer is a subrung, attempting to add a copy data as a subrung and nothing.
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Works here. tested 3.2.2.4 also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	cpd_branch 3.2.1.1.JPG
Views:	34
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	113656

Comment

Huh.

What's different here is you had to make the vertical branches, correct?

What I did was, I just did a carriage return, and moused over to below the timer, and typed CPD, and got nothing. What I thought would happen is, that the software would automatically create the connection line to the left of the CPD.

Live and learn.
      If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

What I did was, I just did a carriage return, and moused over to below the timer, and typed CPD, and got nothing.
        Why do all that?

CTRL+ Down arrow key will create a branch.

Comment

I am aware of that shortcut, but for the reason that I do all my programming on a laptop with limited view space, if there is a branch, I prefer to have it show to the left, and not hidden off the screen of my laptop at the right.

To-may-toe, to-mah-toe.

Comment

If you do it the way you were, if you right click that new spot at the beginning of the subrung you can select wire -> to output and it will make a rung connection to the end. You can then put your instruction in. It still is part of the subrung, but it just has a connection to the main power rail. I would prefer to just make them on different rungs, but I guess if you want to group a whole section of instructions it would be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
              I would prefer to just make them on different rungs, but I guess if you want to group a whole section of instructions it would be useful.
              Yes, grouping some into rung/subrung is useful to me if they're interdependent of each other, then the rung comment can cover all. It's just another reason why I prefer the Productivity PLC's over other brands and types. Although, I have used a few Clicks when budget concerns are there, and speed of processor is not an issue.

Comment

Working...
              X