Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godlessjarhead
    replied
    How did I miss this instruction? Found an example in the Productivity Suite Help files. This looks way easier than what I was trying to do. Will post the result of my attempts soon. Thank You for pointing out this option.

Leave a comment:

• Godlessjarhead
    replied
    I was following the ViewMarq instructions. I was attempting to use the Ethernet Modbus. It asks me to copy the script generated by the ViewMarq software and paste it into a CPD instruction (among many subsequent steps to check the length of the message, etc. The script will not paste into the instruction with CTL-V or "Paste", but I can paste it into a document, which proves it is in my clipboard. My project is to make the ViewMarq show steps for cleaning a cheese factory floor (7-steps), along with horns and strobes to alert to a message change. This will all be based on timed coils that ensure the appropriate amount of time for detergent soak, etc. I have used the P1000 before for other projects, but never tried to communicate with a ViewMarq. The ViewMarq works fine when sending messages from my PC via the ethernet port. I will take a look at the VMW instruction; maybe this is an easier way?

Leave a comment:

• techme
    replied
    The VMW instruction is available in the P1000. It should work. I just tested here and it seems to work fine. Are you using Static text, Dynamic Text, Variables? I just tested static text.

Leave a comment:

• z28z34man
    replied
    i have done a ViewMarq with a P1000 and it worked just fine. if i recall correctly with the ViewMarq instruction the serial port must be set up for modbus.

Leave a comment:

• Godlessjarhead
    replied
    Response to old post but having the same issue. I am copying from the ViewMarq application which creates the string for you. I suspect the P1000 cannot accept it. I pasted it to a document just fine, so I know it's in the clipboard. The ViewMarq instructions are for the P3000, but I thought the 1000 might work. Do I really need a 3000 to send messages to the ViewMarq? It seems like I could do it with an Arduino via a serial string.

Leave a comment:

• djedesign1
    replied
    I tried CTRL+V and it worked. I was trying to RIGHT-CLICK as I do with with most everything else. Thanks

Leave a comment:

• techme
    replied
    What are you copying from? I can copy and paste from notepad. I am using CTRL+C to copy and CTRL+V to paste.

Leave a comment:

• djedesign1
    started a topic Copy and Paste Strings

Copy and Paste Strings

I have an application wherein I need to send ASCII control strings to external devices via a serial port. I thought the easy way would be to copy and paste the required strings into the Source of the PACK STRING function but the software won't let me paste it, even with double quotes around it.
Working...
X