Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customers cannot install P Suite V 3.2.4.1 !!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgeline Mach
    started a topic Customers cannot install P Suite V 3.2.4.1 !!!

Customers cannot install P Suite V 3.2.4.1 !!!

Just today, two separate customers, one East coast, one West coast, both cannot install the latest version of P Suite onto a computer with no prior instance of the software.

I dunno what's going on, but it's concerning.

I have had no problems, BUT I was upgrading from an earlier version already installed on my computer.

As kewakl has mentioned before, why are we the guinea pigs to resolve software issues?

Whats worse? I talked both of these customers OUT OF having an Allen-Bradley PLC on the equipment.

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    Update on East coast customer, who happens to be their technician.

Their company went with an outside firm to be their IT department, and the technician thinks there must be some sort of security software on the computers that does not like P Suite. Now, the customers IT company swears they DID NOT place their security service on any of the technicians laptops. So, for a test, my customer dug out an old dusty laptop, and it installed P Suite with no problems.

I hope to find out what security software was on the laptop that would not install.

As far as West coast customer, I'll contact him later.

Edit: East coast customer had Sophos on their laptop.
    Last edited by Ridgeline Mach; 07-31-2018, 09:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ridgeline Mach
    replied
    Originally posted by kewakl View Post
    Any error messages, notifications? OS/SP?

MIS Policy? stupid asset management software (looking at Symantec Endpoint Protection)
    I think that you will also hear about NOT installing from within the ZIP file. This is however NOT a problem!

I have a cohort at work who cannot install sw directly onto the HDD. Our MIS guy installs onto USB drive and transfers the install to hdd. Dunno how. But they say that that is how he does it.
    I understand that CLICK and CMore Micro have been installed this way.
    That laptop once was mine, and I had NO issue with installing anything. It was wiped/.refitted with OS/SW and now this...

They didn't attempt this feat simultaneously did they? That is a no-no as much as crossing the streams.
    Thanks, kewakl. I forwarded your info to my customers.

The East coast customer was told to NOT install from the zip, and other methods. He even contacted his own IT department. I'm just a little concerned due to the issue with the prior release.

Thanks again for your help.

- Todd

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Any error messages, notifications? OS/SP?

MIS Policy? stupid asset management software (looking at Symantec Endpoint Protection)
    I think that you will also hear about NOT installing from within the ZIP file. This is however NOT a problem!

I have a cohort at work who cannot install sw directly onto the HDD. Our MIS guy installs onto USB drive and transfers the install to hdd. Dunno how. But they say that that is how he does it.
    I understand that CLICK and CMore Micro have been installed this way.
    That laptop once was mine, and I had NO issue with installing anything. It was wiped/.refitted with OS/SW and now this...

Just today, two separate customers, one East coast, one West coast, both cannot install the latest version of P Suite onto a computer with no prior instance of the software.
    They didn't attempt this feat simultaneously did they? That is a no-no as much as crossing the streams.

[EDIT] The software installed via USB/Transfer : CLICK 2.2 and CMORE 6.4
    Last edited by kewakl; 07-31-2018, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    Maybe they need to have Java installed? Or their AV software is causing a problem with the install?

Leave a comment:

• techme
    replied
    Installed fine on my WIN 10 Thinkpad laptop with no previous PSeries versions.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X