Find/Replace feature not working in Productivity Suite 3.2.1

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Find/Replace feature not working in Productivity Suite 3.2.1

I am trying to duplicate/repeat a simple task for basic control of Ethernet/IP VFDs. I have 11 VFDs, so I copied the VFD01 task (10) times and I'm trying to use the find/Replace tool to change the tagnames inside each task to correspond with its VFD. All tagnames are identical for each VFD except the "VFDXX_" part. Here I've taken a burst shot with my phone to show what's happening. I'm in the "VFD05" task, trying to change all the "VFD02_..." tags into "VFD05_..." tags. It teases me, showing in the task ladder view in the background that's it's doing exactly what I want (change tags containing "VFD02_..." to tags containing VFD05_...") for a split second, then reverts back to "VFD02_..." tags and tells me in verbiage I don't fully understand, that it's unwilling to cooperate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20180805_174159_009_01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	115.5 KB ID:	116894Click image for larger version  Name:	20180805_174159_010_01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	109.9 KB ID:	116895Click image for larger version  Name:	20180805_174159_012_01.jpg Views:	2 Size:	114.3 KB ID:	116896Click image for larger version  Name:	20180805_174159_013_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	114.6 KB ID:	116892Click image for larger version  Name:	20180805_174159_014_01.jpg Views:	1 Size:	106.3 KB ID:	116893

what's up with that? Am I doing something wrong? Should I 've using some kind of wildcard? I've tried many things and can't get it to work. As you can see in the ladder tags in the background, the software is fully capable of performing the desired operation, but seems unsure of itself and reverses course within milliseconds. Maybe the self confidence parameter needs tweaking?

Error text: " No replaceable tags are selected. "

Attached Files
    Last edited by strantor; 08-05-2018, 06:25 PM.

• techme
    replied
    It seems if you replace everything in a task it is fine doing the higher level replacement (VFDXX) and even when you are replacing some tags of the same type and selecting specific rungs it seems fine. It looks as if when you select different data type tags on the same rung is when the issue occurs. So if I have int arrays selected to replace and booleans not selected and they are on the same rung I see your results. Since I would normally be duplicating logic and just changing the name I have never seen this. The other option is to replace the tags at a deeper level such as search VFD01_INPArray and replace those tags without the others.

Leave a comment:

• MikeN
    replied
    It looks like you are trying to change part of a tag name and not the whole thing. Im not really sure if the Find/Replace has ever had,or is supposed to have, the ability to only change part of a tag.
    Another possibility if that it can do this sort of thing with regular tags, but fails when trying to do it within an array. Arrays seem to be giving Productivity problems as of late. Try only selecting regular tags and doing this to see if it works.

Leave a comment:

• strantor
    replied
    Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Tried in 3.2.4.1. and 3.2.2.1

I guess that a systemreport - sent to AD tech - will be requested.
    I would get one ready - in anticipation.
    Will do. I will call in the morning. Thank you for your assistance.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Originally posted by strantor View Post

Interesting. What version are you using? I know I'm not using the latest version but I don't have access to Wi-Fi right now to update. I was wondering if an update would solve my problem. I checked the bugfix report of the latest update and didn't see anything about this.
    Tried in 3.2.4.1. and 3.2.2.1

I guess that a systemreport - sent to AD tech - will be requested.
    I would get one ready - in anticipation.

Leave a comment:

• strantor
    replied
    Just tried. I see the same thing here.
    Interesting. What version are you using? I know I'm not using the latest version but I don't have access to Wi-Fi right now to update. I was wondering if an update would solve my problem. I checked the bugfix report of the latest update and didn't see anything about this.

Leave a comment:

• strantor
    replied
    FYI the find/Replace feature works just fine when used in the exact same manner, to change the tagnames in the hardware config for the EIP setup. It just doesn't want to do me the same favor in the ladder tasks.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Just tried. I see the same thing here. 3.2.4.1
    I see a similar thing in 3.2.2.4 - but in 3.2.2.4, I do not see the rung tagnames change
    Attached Files
    Last edited by kewakl; 08-05-2018, 08:00 PM.

Leave a comment:

• strantor
    replied
    Did you any other odd things?
    any comments for these tags?
    No sir, no comments on any of these tags

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Did you [notice]any other odd things?
    any comments for these tags?

[EDIT] Insert the operative 'notice'
    Last edited by kewakl; 08-06-2018, 04:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• kewakl
    replied
    Maybe find/replace is attempting to change the Task name ... not change Tag names and fails out...
    I have seen pac suite do some peculiar things in the last 8 or so years. Things that SHOULD NOT BE DONE.

[EDIT] Spelling/wording
    Last edited by kewakl; 08-05-2018, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X