p2000 loss of complete project

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p2000 loss of complete project

I Have a customer with a P2000 system on a machine. It lost the project and the Ip address reverted to default. any ideas on the cause of this? I was able to get a copy from the OEM and download it. Seems fine for now. I have powered off and back on to see if a simple power loss would cause this, It starts back up fine. we did have bad some bad weather last night.

Us too!

Customer was running fine since November 2016, and then not in June. I made a service call to find the CPU had no program. I thought it may have been voltage spikes since this machine runs exclusively off 120 VAC, it is near-ish their machine shop, and it's been very hot so voltage might have been iffy due to air conditioners and the like.
    If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

P2 family is a bit floppy in the base. May be vibration and/or incoming power noise.

Comment

ControlWerks & Ridgeline Mach which firmware version is running in the CPU that had this issue?
        If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
          ControlWerks & Ridgeline Mach which firmware version is running in the CPU that had this issue?
          The version that was the most current in November 2016.
          If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it any better - Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Ridgeline Mach View Post

The version that was the most current in November 2016.
            I would suggest upgrading CPU to latest 1.2.2.77. The power cycle issue was addressed in version 1.2.2.75 (released 11/28/2017).

https://support.automationdirect.com...ail.php?pid=64
            If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post

I would suggest upgrading CPU to latest 1.2.2.77. The power cycle issue was addressed in version 1.2.2.75 (released 11/28/2017).

https://support.automationdirect.com...ail.php?pid=64
              I did do that prior to reloading the program. Here's hoping it's fixed.

Comment

I've had this happen twice with P2K now, separate clients, geographically hundreds of miles from each other. The biggest pain in the ass was getting the IP changed so I could remotely upload a new program. I REALLY wish it would default to DHCP instead of 10.10.10.10.

Comment

Wow, pretty scary that this can happen and that some of you have seen it multiple times. Given these stories and the issues I have been having over the past couple of months I think I am ready to abandon the Productivity platform.

Comment

Originally posted by dd33 View Post
                    Wow, pretty scary that this can happen and that some of you have seen it multiple times. Given these stories and the issues I have been having over the past couple of months I think I am ready to abandon the Productivity platform.
                    What issues have you had?

Mine was with one customer on one of the two P2K's in their facility that I installed. And as I wrote, they're basically powering it from a home outlet, with what I imagine is a lot of electrical noise. My other installs have been on equipment powered by 480 V 3PH, and I had a transformer stepping that power down to 120 volts.

Interestingly, the engineer I was working with at this customer who had the issue formerly worked in the credit card reader industry. He told me he was having an issue with one of their readers at an IBM facility, and that issue was always at the same time of day. He discovered that they had a process in operation that placed a heavy load on their 120 V supply, effectively making enough noise to render his readers inoperative.

I really like the P2K, but if I would voice one complaint, it's their modules need a firmer attachment to the backplane.

Comment

My issues started with the CHUNK_RX error, followed by SYSTEM_RESTART error. 3.2.3.3 stopped the CHUNK_RX error but brought me System SRAM Err.
                      This P2K runs life support systems in an aquaculture facility, loss of the entire program would be very bad. I have recently added in a BRX that does a "heartbeat" check of the P2K via modbus TCP as a safeguard.

Comment

Originally posted by dd33 View Post
                        My issues started with the CHUNK_RX error, followed by SYSTEM_RESTART error. 3.2.3.3 stopped the CHUNK_RX error but brought me System SRAM Err.
                        This P2K runs life support systems in an aquaculture facility, loss of the entire program would be very bad. I have recently added in a BRX that does a "heartbeat" check of the P2K via modbus TCP as a safeguard.
                        You had me at life support. Facts needs to get this figured out.

Comment

Is your system on a battery backup? Have you experienced any power issues on the circuit that feeds the P2 power supply?

I believe both of my program loss situations were caused by brown out / black out conditions. Both times they occurred overnight during a storm.

Comment

Working...
                          X