P2-550 Bootloop

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2-550 Bootloop

I've flashed my PLC and rack to the latest firmware, and I'm running the latest version of Productivity (3.2.4.1). Whenever I do a Run Transfer, the transfer finishes, and then the PLC goes into a bootloop. I've tried moving the toggle switch to stop, but it continues to bootloop. The only way to get it out of the bootloop is to remove power. When the power is restored, the PLC loads and goes into run mode with no issues with my changes that I tried uploading in tact. I've also tried erasing the program from the PLC and re-uploading.

A stop mode transfer does not have this same issue.

Can you attach a system report to this post? Would like to try and duplicate here on our end. If not, can you you please contact our technical support team, send in system report to them, and then a trouble ticket can be opened.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I have this issue as well, I hoped it would go away after I installed 3.2.4.1 but it happened right after the upgrade last night. I haven't had time to contact support yet.

Comment

Does this happen after an error message similar to "Could not Transfer Project to CPU"?
        Full message if my notes are correct:
        Could not Transfer the Project to the CPU.
        The project transferred could not be loaded by the CPU.
        The project is either missing the correct data or is corrupted.
        Is this related to loss of connection to PAC?

I have similar issues with P1K using SW 3.2.2.4 and FW 1.2.5.36

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
          Does this happen after an error message similar to "Could not Transfer Project to CPU"?
          Full message if my notes are correct:

Is this related to loss of connection to PAC?

I have similar issues with P1K using SW 3.2.2.4 and FW 1.2.5.36
          Same here, using a P1K. Cannot do a Run Time Transfer, but stop mode seems to work

Comment

I took the exact same program and loaded it onto another P2 PLC (same exact rack layout) and it worked fine. A couple of days later and not the new PLC is doing it.

Comment

Teddgram, did you contact support yet? I talked to them today and sent in a system report.

Comment

I got the same issue yesterday, I remove cpu project, reinstalled it and it cleared up.

Comment

I tried removing the project and re transferring it but it didn't work for me.

Comment

I've tried everything that others have tried here.

Yes, I did contact tech support. I sent them the file that I was using, but they have not been able to reproduce the issue. They asked me if I could send them my PLC, which I've been trying to schedule a time when I can swap it out, but I'm having a heck of a time coordinating it.

Now there's a new issue.

With this issue, it fails on a run transfer, but it would work with a stop mode transfer. However, IF I put the PLC into Stop Mode first, it puts the PLC into a boot loop again and I have to wait a few minutes for it to come back. I usually just start pinging the PLC until I get replies again and then I can re-connect to my PLC and make my transfer and put it back into Run Mode.

It's not like I need to make daily changes to these PLCs, but when I do it comes at the worst time and I'm dealing with 5-10 minutes of downtime for just a simple change and that time is compounded every time I don't fix my code issues on the first try.

Comment

Well, today I join the P2-550 bootloop club. Runtime transfer over a Stridelinx VPN. Transfer failed at 99%. Had to drive an hour each way to power cycle the CPU. All the firmwares are up to date, and I'm using 3.3.0.17. It's getting harder and harder to trust this platform.

Comment

Seems like a new easter egg with every rev.

Comment

Frontier, have you talked to support yet? My boot loop issue was resolved using a firmware update they sent me directly, 1.2.2.78. I was asked not to share it but that was more than 2 months ago, surely they have completed testing by now.

While my boot loop issue is fixed, I still don't trust these things. Last week all of my retentive floating number values were corrupted somehow. Only the floating numbers, none of the other values. I hadn't made any changes to the programming, no power issues, nothing new. This caused livestock losses for me.

Comment

I had this problem w/ a P2 a while back. For the life of me I can't remember what the problem was. I think it was something to do with Dataview. Try closing dataview and any other activities like PID tuning etc. and give it a try.

Comment

Working...
                            X