upgrading 3000 firmware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading 3000 firmware

I have a project that has a P3-550 cpu and 2 remote bases. one base has a P3-RS, the other has a P3-RX. I went to update the firmware today, and the project thinks that the RX is a RS. When the software reads the configuration, it always comes up with 2 p3-rs.

The other 550 and the actual RS updated fine, but I keep getting an error that the RX upgrade failed.

The plc is working fine at the moment, but I've had a few issues in the last month were the p3-rx lost communication and I had to power cycle that base to get it to return.

Is there anything I can do to force the firmware upgrade? or do I need buy a new module.

I have the 'lost rack comms' issue, too.
    cycling power restores comms.

have you tried cycling power on the mis-reporting cpu and then attempt fw update?
    in your op i didn't see that you did.

Comment

This "may" sound farfetched, but are you attempting the fw upgrade through the Ethernet connection? Although my experience is P2Ks, I had to upgrade firmware to both CPU and base, and was told by technical support that it was better to do it via the USB port. I kept getting timeouts and upgrade failures via the Ethernet port, but had no problem when performed by the USB connection.
      Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Hah! That isnt farfetched.
        Although I have not had issues upping the fw over enet, I don't YET have any P1/P2 commissioned where other comms-noise can interfere.

Comment

I tried cycling the power on the all the bases, did not help.

Todd, I was updating through ethernet. The computer is local, but there is a few switches between the bases and the computer.

I'll try my laptop and the USB port. In 7 years, I've never actually plugged in a USB cable to this plc. I'll see if I can find a cable around here somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
            Hah! That isnt farfetched.
            Although I have not had issues upping the fw over enet, I don't YET have any P1/P2 commissioned where other comms-noise can interfere.
            What led to my fw upgrade was PSuite locking up while doing online edits. Was told the base firmware was no good.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Dice View Post

What led to my fw upgrade was PSuite locking up while doing online edits. Was told the base firmware was no good.
              Interesting statement. Was it from tech supp?

Oh well, I have a P3-16AD-2 that thinks it is a P3-16AD-1. Must be bad firmware too.

Comment

I tried the USB today with no luck. Power cycled everything and exact same results as ethernet.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post

Interesting statement. Was it from tech supp?

Oh well, I have a P3-16AD-2 that thinks it is a P3-16AD-1. Must be bad firmware too.
                  Yes, from tech support.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by nhermanson View Post
                    I tried the USB today with no luck. Power cycled everything and exact same results as ethernet.
                    I'd call tech support to get a proper answer on how to perform the upgrade.

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                    X