P3-550 Project Read Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P3-550 Project Read Error

I have a productivity3000 PLC that I can no longer read the PLC project from. I have tried over ethernet and USB and get the same fault.
    The fault message is "Project file does not exist on cpu".
    Has anyone ever seen this before?
    The only thing I have noticed is I have a dead battery indicator on the screen of the processor. Is the battery being dead potentially causing this?

The PLC is up and running currently with no problems. I would rather not shut it down to replace the battery in the event that I lose the program. Can I replace the battery hot?

You can replace the battery while powered. Just be careful that you do not break the battery holder. I have had that issue several times with the P3K.

Comment

There are two files that are on the CPU, one is the .adpro (project file) & the .bin (binary) file. The binary file is what runs the CPU. The .adpro is only used by the GUI.

This means the .adpro file is corrupted and can not be read out by the GUI. Only option is to transfer a back up copy of the project file to the CPU.

Another possibility is that the project was loaded via pen drive using the binary only option detailed in help topic P028.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
        There are two files that are on the CPU, one is the .adpro (project file) & the .bin (binary) file. The binary file is what runs the CPU. The .adpro is only used by the GUI.

This means the .adpro file is corrupted and can not be read out by the GUI. Only option is to transfer a back up copy of the project file to the CPU.

Another possibility is that the project was loaded via pen drive using the binary only option detailed in help topic P028.
        The project was definitely loaded by computer. Any insight as to what could cause the .adpro file to become corrupt? Could the battery dying have caused it?
        I will load the project back in as soon as there is some downtime on the equipment, but it would be nice to know the cause so we could avoid it in the future.

Comment

The project file is stored in NAND flash so the .adpro can't be lost due to the battery not being installed or dying. Don't believe anything you did on your end could of prevented this issue.
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
          X