Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity Suite - Changing HMI screens from the PLC

Hello,

I have a quandary. I am currently operating a Productivity3000 series PLC connected to a C-More touchscreen. I am trying to link an alarm trigger in the PLC code to change the screen on the C-More when the alarm is tripped. Does anybody have any advice on how to do this? I'm not certain how I can get the PLC and the HMI to talk to each other in this regard.

• techme
    replied
    Originally posted by Cheeraxe1999 View Post
    I tagged the screens SCRN1-9, and the switch to screen numbers SCRN1SWITCH-SCRN9SWITCH. I created corresponding tags in the PLC and exported them to the screen. Everything is saved and updated. I appempted to fire the SCRN2SWITCH event via a physical pushbutton to test it, but I'm still getting nothing.
    Did you make sure the memory address you used on teh tags you created in teh screen matched the ones you created and imported from the plc?
    1) Create the tags in the plc. (make sure they are 16 bit unsigned int)
    2) Import the tags from the plc to the panel.
    3) go to the fields mentioned above
    4) use the tag picker button ( little symbol next to the field)
    5 ) Choose the plc device name and the tag you created. This should ensure that the system Ids match.
    6) Then you should see the screen number the hmi is on in the tag in the "current screen" field
    7) You should be able to change the value in the tag that is in the "Switch to Screen Number" field. Note that you have to put a value in this tag in the plc. So if you want to go to screen 2 you have to put a value of "2" in the integer tag in the plc.

Leave a comment:

• Cheeraxe1999
    replied
    I tagged the screens SCRN1-9, and the switch to screen numbers SCRN1SWITCH-SCRN9SWITCH. I created corresponding tags in the PLC and exported them to the screen. Everything is saved and updated. I appempted to fire the SCRN2SWITCH event via a physical pushbutton to test it, but I'm still getting nothing.

Leave a comment:

• RogerR
    replied
    It is pretty straight forward. The tags created need to be WORD or unsigned integer 16.

Leave a comment:

• Cheeraxe1999
    replied
    I'll give that a shot. That sounds like something I can do.

Leave a comment:

• RogerR
    replied
    When in the CMore software, choose Setup and PLC<->Panel.

Choose the Panel to PLC tab to choose a tag for the current screen.
    Choose the PLC to Panel tab to choose a tag to switch the screen number.
    You will have to create these tags in the plc and then import them into the screen.

With these tags in your logic you can see the current screen and change to another screen based upon some condition.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X