Advice - Getting Time Proportioning Control to work

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice - Getting Time Proportioning Control to work

Hello, I am attempting to create a functioning time proportioning PID for a heating system. I have a rough set of code for the program sorted out below, but can't seem to get it to actually work. I'm hoping someone on here can point me in the right direction. This code is for a Productivity3000 series machine. Click image for larger version  Name:	Capture222.PNG Views:	2 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	118398
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Cheeraxe1999; 10-08-2018, 10:43 AM. Reason: PID, PID Loops, Temperature Control, Time Proportioning

Did not type in all your code....but comparing to the example in P167 rung 11 TMR1DN needs to be TMR2DN. In addition, it does not look like you have a tag assigned to the current value for the timer on rung 11 which is referenced on rung 12?
    Last edited by P3K_ADC_Eng; 10-08-2018, 12:35 PM.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Also on rung 8.1 "PID1AUTO" is showing a zero, which means it's in Manual Mode.

Here is a note from the help "OFF is Manual Mode. ON is Auto Mode. In Manual Mode, PID calculations are made, but the Process Output is not updated. "

Comment

Thanks! I got it to work just fine.

Comment

Do tell. What did you change? Edit?

Comment

It was actually just more of a scaling issue. My inputs were temperatures in Fahrenheit, so I had to scale my RTD value and my setpoint on a 0-65535 scale before sending them to the PID. Thusly - Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture333.PNG
Views:	25
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	118436

Comment

Working...
            X