Bug 3.3.0(17)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug 3.3.0(17)

I received the message "Cannot edit project in debug mode" (see attached), and clicking OK didn't close the message box. The only way to close the project was to stop the process in Windows task manager. Guess what: had to retype the whole thing again!!!
    This is new. Once again, something gets fixed, something else breaks!!!
    Please ADC fix this ASAP. I am sure it will come back again soon.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by juance; 10-11-2018, 05:41 PM.

Could you please contact tech support with your project and the SPECIFIC steps to reproduce this issue? Our QA guys have not been able to reproduce this error and we need more details.

Comment

Did you have the pac in DEBUG mode? Or are there multiple issues here?

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
        Did you have the pac in DEBUG mode? Or are there multiple issues here?
        I believe it happens when I go into debug mode right after editing something.

Another thing that supposed to have been fixed in this version as per release notes, I get the message "Maximum monitor capacity has been reached and monitoring is unavailable". After clicking OK it can still monitor (???)

Comment

Debug mode is disabled if the CPU project is different than the work space. We can't duplicate, therefore, we need to know the exact steps to reproduce.

Click image for larger version

Name:	debug.png
Views:	1
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	118487
          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

"
            Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
            Debug mode is disabled if the CPU project is different than the work space.
            This is nothing new!. It has always been like that. I can't even make that message to pop up, not to mention that when it did I couldn't make it go away, as indicated before.

If you can't duplicate I strongly suggest working back wards in your code to see when that message pops up. I have tried many options and the message won't come up. Simply put, if debug is ongoing, you can open an instruction and can't edit it anyway, so why to display that message? This is a typical bug: some code was thrown in there and never validated!. This message and the ability to edit code while debugging are mutually exclusive; why the message anyway?
            Last edited by juance; 10-13-2018, 04:53 AM.

Comment

Ok we will look into it from our end.
              Last edited by P3K_ADC_Eng; 10-15-2018, 09:16 AM.
              If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
              X