High Speed Counter Card for P1000?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High Speed Counter Card for P1000?

Is there a hi speed counter input card for the P1000 series? I don't see one.

it does work well with an an AMC nr25 network encoder.

Comment

If you need position you can also use an absolute encoder with grey code or binary output instead of a network option. I use an 8 point input card and a 256ppr encoder (which takes all 8 input points). For position information for when to fire various outputs it works extremely well.

If you need higher than 256 positions per revolution you can either get a 15 point input card and have up to 2048ppr, which uses 11 inputs, or the network encoder method lets you get huge numbers of positions without needing any inputs. The only drawback of network encoder is reading the data takes a tiny bit more time, and the reading time can have some jitter to it. I would bet that for any purposes a P1000 would be used for those things wont matter though.

quaizywabbit Does the .eds file for that nr25 encoder work well when loaded into Productivity? Or does it need some manual tweaking?
      Last edited by MikeN; 11-13-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeN View Post
        Does the .eds file for that nr25 encoder work well when loaded into Productivity? Or does it need some manual tweaking?
        works great so far, the update intervals are only glitchy when monitoring, not irl. i setup a 25 'cam' pls setup for the machinery we have here, the outputs update as fast as i turn it.
        Last edited by quaizywabbit; 12-06-2018, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X