error importing eds, workaround?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error importing eds, workaround?

before i get too far into this, will the productivity series connect via eth/ip to a smc ex260 sen1 valve manifold? what do i have to do to get this connected properly? i attached the eds in the zip file
    Attached Files

You could always connect as a generic ethernet client.

Comment

For some reason the EDS is set for listen only. But looking at the manual it looks like there is an input , output and config Assembly instances so you should be able to create a generic client with the info on page 21 of the manual.

https://content2.smcetech.com/pdf/ma...-OMP0013-D.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by techme View Post
        For some reason the EDS is set for listen only. But looking at the manual it looks like there is an input , output and config Assembly instances so you should be able to create a generic client with the info on page 21 of the manual.

https://content2.smcetech.com/pdf/ma...-OMP0013-D.pdf
        ahh...gotcha

Comment

I've installed a bunch of EX260s with Productivity PLCs... Here's my config:
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Frontier View Post
            I've installed a bunch of EX260s with Productivity PLCs... Here's my config:
            thank you sir

Comment

Always glad to help!

Comment

im getting a "connection already in use" error, ever deal with that one?

Comment

I've never seen it unfortunately. I'm out of town but once I get back I'll hook up my spare EX260 and see if I can get the same problem.

What's your valve bank set up like?

Comment

i looked at it via EnIpExplorer the SMC message reports online read rejected.
                    "Send ListIdentity to 172.16.255.255
                    GetAttributesAll : Service_not_supported - Node 2.0 - Endpoint 172.16.0.55:44818
                    GetAttributeSingle : Service_not_supported - Node 2.0.1 - Endpoint 172.16.0.55:44818"

my machine network is 172.16.0.xxx, with 21 being my p1000, 55 being the valve.

do i have to do anything via config first to tell it how many valves there are?
                    Last edited by quaizywabbit; 12-12-2018, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Could your subnet mask be incorrectly entered? it shouldnt matter if everything is on 0.xx anyway, but I notice on the line that says "Send ListIdentity to 172.16.255.255" that the two sets of .255 may indicate that your subnet is set as 255.255.0.0 (aka, /16), and not the 255.255.255.0 (aka, /24) as you indicated it should be when you said "my machine network is 172.16.0.xxx"

Comment

MikeN yes my subnet mask was set wrong. however, ive set everything to 255.255.255.0 and reset the smc via bootp using the same mask and it still says "connection already in use"

Comment

Most of the time 'connection in use' is caused by another scanner device already being connected to same connection point that you have set up in the hardware configuration window.
                          If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

the p1000 is the only scanner on this subnet

Comment

We would like to get a copy of your project, therefore, can you go online with the CPU and create a system report & attach to this post? If needed, you can contact our technical support team & send in your system report if it needs to remain confidential.
                              If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
                              X