X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here ya go
    Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried power cycling the SMC valve and then trying to reconnect?

Do you get this error everytime?

Just to verify you are getting a good status on the TCP connected, Adapter Name & Vendor ID if provided by the device?

I would give SMC a call since they are they one giving the error.
      If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

i cleared the project and recreated only the connection to the valve, same result.

Comment

Originally posted by P3K_ADC_Eng View Post
          Have you tried power cycling the SMC valve and then trying to reconnect?

Do you get this error everytime?

Just to verify you are getting a good status on the TCP connected, Adapter Name & Vendor ID if provided by the device?

I would give SMC a call since they are they one giving the error.
          yes i am getting it everytime. good status on tcp connected, adapter name and vendor id.

Comment

Have you tried to disconnect the enet, power cycle your SMC device, toggle the message enable on the I/O message to make sure you do not get a connection, then plug your enet cable back in and toggle your message enable again to make sure the connection comes back. I agree it sounds like the device(SMC not the plc) thinks the connection is used already. doing this should ensure it dropped the connection at some point.

Comment

ill try it

Comment

Originally posted by techme View Post
                Have you tried to disconnect the enet, power cycle your SMC device, toggle the message enable on the I/O message to make sure you do not get a connection, then plug your enet cable back in and toggle your message enable again to make sure the connection comes back. I agree it sounds like the device(SMC not the plc) thinks the connection is used already. doing this should ensure it dropped the connection at some point.
                tried it still comes back 'connection already in use

Comment

Could something else on the network already be using that port? Or do all EtherNet/IP devices use that?

Comment

Working...
                  X