Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Woo!! 3.4.0.16 update released. Secure email servers supported!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo!! 3.4.0.16 update released. Secure email servers supported!

Thought I would post as a heads up since I know a lot of folks miss the emails, even though they signed up.

New P2K software and firmware released today. Adds support for secure email servers (many of us have been asking for this for a long time), DNS and SMTP servers. And of course, countless bug fixes.

dose anyone else have the problem that you can not select it as the default program to open .adpro files in win 7. if i open the new productivity sweet and then open the PLC program from it it works fine. if i just try to open the PLC program directly it doesn't prompt the productivity sweet and i cant manually add it

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post
      dose anyone else have the problem that you can not select it as the default program to open .adpro files in win 7. if i open the new productivity sweet and then open the PLC program from it it works fine. if i just try to open the PLC program directly it doesn't prompt the productivity sweet and i cant manually add it
      ----------
      ALL USUAL REGISTRY EDIT CAVEATS APPLY!!

Create a registry entry like this:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.adpro\Shell\Open\Command]
      @=""C:\\Program Files (x86)\\AutomationDirect\\Productivity Suite 3.4.0.14\\Productivity Suite.exe""%1""

Change the path/versioning info to meet your needs.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by kewakl; 12-14-2018, 06:51 AM.

Comment

i was figuring i would need to edit the registry but was hoping it would be a simple fix on automation directs part to modify it to tell window that .adpro files belong to it

Comment

One problem that you may encounter (if you support multiple SW revs) is that there is no mechanism for selecting the correct sw version to open a project created/saved in that version.

Comment

Originally posted by z28z34man View Post
            I do not have that problem at all. I would suspect an antivirus program is locking default programs and not letting it be changed or set.

This windows doesnt let you pick the program?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DefaultPrograms.png
Views:	3
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	119707

Comment

from a fresh Virtual machine it that has never had the productivity software installed on it it worked fine so i just dumped my old VM and started over.

Edit. i updated one of our trouble shooting PCs and made sure to uninstall the old version before i installed the new version and it is working fine
              Last edited by z28z34man; 12-18-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X