Productivity I/O module change cause tag name convert to C from DI

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Productivity I/O module change cause tag name convert to C from DI

I had original 3 modules with 32 DI, changed to 6 modules with 16 DI. Now half the tagnames are not corresponding to the card number, and the other half changed to C-memory. Is there an easy way to fix it?

I tried to export tags and edit the csv file, but when I import with "include the I/O tags", it pops up an error: System ID or I/O address (DI-0.1.3.1) and Tag Name (First_input) match two different tags.

Review help topic P264 "Tag I/O reassignment".
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Thanks !!!
      Last edited by AlecTek; 01-18-2019, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Reason is because "tag_32" was assigned to the hardware DI point DI-0.1.1.32, but now that hardware point does not exist. But the tag is used, so Productivity wont simply delete tags and then your left with a program that neither works nor can be understood well. Instead it does the safer thing and reassigned "tag_32" to a C bit so that it still exists and the program is legible, it just isnt assigned to a hardware point because that point no longer exists. SO thats why it happens when changing modules like you did.

I am curious, why did you go from three, 32 modules to six, 16 modules? Typically I have always tried to have things as dense as possible to save space for modules. So it seems odd to me that someone would willingly use up twice as much module space when they already had something set up that used less space.

Comment

Now I am curious as well. Are you switching from DC to AC or do you need the din rail space an now using terminal blocks instead of zip links?

Comment

Hi MikeN and z28z34man,

Yes, the input changed from DC to AC.

If the productivity can be edited with a text editor it would be a nice product.

Comment

I have imported tags edited in a spreadsheet program in the productivity suit before. Granted it wasn't for module changes but it worked fine

Comment

I gave up after tried for a while, because the import always gave me an error: the tag is existing and the import failed. I don't quite remember the details, but i did export, made one tag change and imported back and it failed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlecTek View Post
                  I gave up after tried for a while, because the import always gave me an error: the tag is existing and the import failed. I don't quite remember the details, but i did export, made one tag change and imported back and it failed.
                  I am wondering (as I've never had to do what you're doing) if you can just go to the hardware configuration, click on an input module, and reassign your tags to the inputs there.
                  Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

Working...
                  X