Program will not save

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program will not save

Using Productivity Suite 3.3.0: When I choose to "Save" or "Save As..." I get a warning chime and dialog box: "Could not save project to file...[file location]" regardless of the save location which I choose. Oddly, in the status bar at the bottom of the window, it shows the status of the Project File Status as "Saved." Which is it: saved or not?

Are you able to go online with the CPU and go to help -> create system report? If yes, can you please attach to this post or PM myself with your project to see if I can duplicate.

You could also start a new project -> Save as. Set up hardware configuration, then save as? Does this work? If yes, then copy and past a task from your current project into the new project. Can you save as? Continue till all task as copied over to see if a specific task maybe disallowing a save as?
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't have a CPU yet (I'm getting as much done as I can until then, though). Oddly. even though it claims that it was unable to save, it seems to have done so regardless. I held my breath, closed the program, then opened it again. I breathed a sigh of relief! No problems; program saved successfully. I'm not sure why it reports failure to save, but it is in error. I began the process which you described above, and when I went to save my original program I no longer got the error. Odd, again! I updated to 3.4.1.1 since I saw it was available; let's see if it happens again. In the meantime, thank you for your response.

Comment

I actually just got this same error today too. Using 3.4 software. My program did seem to save though even though it gave me the error. I also tried saving it as a new file name and it gave the error but saved anyway. Closing the program and opening it again it was able to open the new file name program and everything I had done was saved correctly, and after doing the software restart it saves normally just fine with no error. So there is some sort of issue between multiple software versions here, but it is actually some sort of bug that it shows the error even though everything is really fine.

Comment

Mike, can you check if the .csv files are intact - after your next save fail, of course?
          I have no information that this is an issue, just a guess.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
            Mike, can you check if the .csv files are intact - after your next save fail, of course?
            I have no information that this is an issue, just a guess.
            Nice call!
            I went and checked the files right now just to see. One of them from file I started on yesterday has a size of 0kb which means its empty. This is what I was working on when it first gave the error. I saved as the new file name today just to see if it would save. Gave the same error on the new filename but seemed to save anyway. The new file name does have full size files, but the file I first had the error on has that one at 0kb.

Click image for larger version  Name:	files.png Views:	0 Size:	22.3 KB ID:	120798

And according to the timestamps, the "_extended" file has an older time which means that one didnt save either at the final time when the error happened.
            Last edited by MikeN; 02-21-2019, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Can you PM me the project that is generating the 0 KB .csv file? Would like to have our QA team take a look to see if they duplicate.
              If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

I've received that same error message before, and it's always saved the program, but have never checked the .csv files to see if they've updated. Good call, kewakl.
                Why worry? If you've done the best you can, worrying won't make it any better

- Walt Disney

Comment

I've had this issue a few times, found an older thread on here where others also had it. My experiences were the same as theirs, it says it could not save but the project was actually saved and a reboot fixed things. Scares you at first though.

Comment

I just had this problem happen again, and it seems to be related to changing IO tags around. I am designing a new machine program right now and I just realized some input signals are going to be positive DC and they are on a bank of commons that need to have negative inputs. SO I went to delete those tags so I could make them on different input points. Went fine and got the program change set, but when I went to save it gave me this same save error.

Comment

Working...
                    X