Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will multiple Registration instructions run independent of ladder scan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will multiple Registration instructions run independent of ladder scan?

According to the video tutorials on the Productivity HSI modules, using a Registration instruction that stays enabled and with a rising edge input trigger, it will run entirely in the HSI hardware and not be dependent on scan time. This seems to be true because I can see faster and more consistent response time in a machine using a registration instruction on an inductive sensor input than if I just use a normally open contact of the same sensor to trigger a coil. So what I am wondering is: If I place 2-3 registration instructions in the program, and they are all enabled at the same time, and using the same input channel, and triggering off the same input, will they all run in the HSI hardware independent of scan time? Or can only 1 be active in hardware at a time?
    Last edited by MikeN; 02-20-2019, 12:47 PM.

Per help topic P244 for the REG instruction. Only one REG instruction at anytime can be enabled per channel.
    If you have an urgent issue, please contact AutomationDirect's Technical Support team.

AutomationDirect.com Technical Support: 1(800) 633-0405 or (770) 844-4200 Email Tech Support

Comment

Working...
    X