P2k IO not working

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2k IO not working

So its my first time using an actual remote slave unit with a second base on it. Got the P2-RS in, have the rotary switches set to "01", have the remote base group as 1 in the software:

Click image for larger version

Name:	RotaryDials.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	197.7 KB
ID:	121076

The problem is that it does not seem to see that inputs are being turned on, or that outputs should be set on. I have some things wired in to the input card's ziplink module:

Name:	TerminalWiring.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	121080

And when a singal gets turned on I can see the input go active on the oled display on the input card:

Name:	Input12on.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	158.7 KB
ID:	121078

Name:	Input14on.jpg
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	121079

The problem is that in the software, it doesnt see that input go on at all:

(edit: see second post for this image due to forum post limitations)

Furthermore, I have a task set up to turn on some status LEDs and according to the software the output should be on:

Yet as you can see from a couple of the above module pics the outputs are not on according to the output module.
    The PLC is in run mode:

Name:	mainCPU.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	181.3 KB
ID:	121077

And if I do a stop mode transfer I can see the remote slave go into stop, transfer, and then go back into run mode. I was able to update firmware successfully so I know it is connected fine. I also did a test in a task and make two LCD blocks where one displays a message on the main CPU and another displays on the remote CPU:

I can go look at the displays and they are displaying my messages properly. I also put the PLC into stop mode and tried using HS Testing and was able to do test moves on a connected servo drive from one of the remote base HSO modules just fine. So the ladder program seems to be running fine, yet I cannot figure out why the input module and the output module are not functioning at all. Its behavior is like the software is not reading and writing to the proper hardware points at the beginning and end of the scan. Does anyone know what might be going wrong or anything to try to figure this out?

Click image for larger version  Name:	SS.png Views:	0 Size:	559.7 KB ID:	121082

Click image for larger version  Name:	SS2.png Views:	0 Size:	133.1 KB ID:	121083

Click image for larger version  Name:	LCDs.png Views:	0 Size:	6.4 KB ID:	121084

Name:	RemoteLCD.jpg
Size:	147.6 KB
ID:	121087
    Last edited by MikeN; 03-06-2019, 05:34 PM.

Comment

I also made a test counter and hooked it to the run button on the main base, counter increments fine:

Name:	test_counter.png
Views:	73
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	121090

So the main base IO, the main base HSI, and the remote base CPU, and remote base HSO seems to be all fine. It is just the remote base input module and remote base output modules that are simply not functioning.
      Attached Files

Comment

Have you tried swapping input cards/reseating the offending card(s)

Comment

SW version?

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
            Ill swap the input to a spare card and try that in a few minutes here

Originally posted by techme View Post
            SW version?
            latest software, version 3.4.1.1
            firmwares are all the latest available too. installed with the "all in on" firmware from 2018-12-06
            Last edited by MikeN; 03-07-2019, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kewakl View Post
              swapping the input card to a new one did not work
              I then removed the card and booted up, which did give me a missing module error. So the Productivity is seeing the module properly.

I then went into the software and moved both the input module to a different module slot, and the souring output module to a different slot. Changed the hardware in the rack around to match. Now everything works properly! So the error was somehow fixed by forcing productivity to address the hardware points in a different slot. This is probably then related to my save error issue in the other thread, which happened when I was deleting tags tied to hardware IO points.
              I put the original module back in at the new slot location and it still works fine.

Comment

Did you do a "Read System Config" in the Hardware Config?

Comment

Working...
                X