CAN NOT DEBUG PROJECT IN DEBUG MODE message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAN NOT DEBUG PROJECT IN DEBUG MODE message

This message pops up when auto save kicks in. Most of the time won't go away having to kill the process in Task Manager.

AD please fix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you provide the steps to reproduce? I have auto save on and I do not get this message.

I can generate error "cannot edit project in debug mode' if I make changes to cpu & download, in addition have auto save enabled. But I can't produce the error you are seeing.

I hit ok on the message and allows me to go back to the GUI.

Comment

CLARIFICATION:
      In the subject I wrote"CAN NOT DEBUG PROJECT IN DEBUG MODE", this is wrong!!!
      It should read: "CANNOT EDIT PROJECT IN DEBUG MODE"..... Sorry for the typo.

Steps:
      1. Project in debug mode. Tag database screen open, Find/replace screen open, Data View open.
      2. Most of the time when the auto save kicks in, this message pops up. Sometimes the OK will suffice, and sometimes I had to kill the process as OK closes the pop up and comes back right away.

I checked manually and it happens when trying to edit a tag while in debug mode. Obviously this is not done for it to happen.

Comment

Can you go online with the cpu and create a system report and then PM me the file?

Comment

Hmmm - autosave in debug mode. All my file manipulation icons are gray in debug mode. Why should Autosave not honor the same rules as the menu/iconbar tools?

Please post SW version.

Comment

Autosave in debug mode is probably a good thing, providing it won't harm anything. Shouldn't be relevant.

Version showing this behavior is 3.4.1(1)

Comment

Originally posted by juance View Post
              Autosave in debug mode is probably a good thing, providing it won't harm anything. Shouldn't be relevant.

Version showing this behavior is 3.4.1(1)
              True, but should the software attempt to autosave when in debug.
              My point is--- you say that this problem happens in debug mode. !when! Autosave kicks in. If we cant save anyway, why should autosave be kicking in

Comment

I let sw ver 3.4.0.14 run all night in debug mode with autosave at 1 minute. (No separate backup selected) NO error messages.

I have the same project in 3.4.1.1. Have autosave at 5 minutes (no separate backup). NO error messages in 30 minutes.
                Will update.

Comment

I changed the Autosave time from 40 to 1 minute, Autosave won't kick in. Back to 40 minutes still won't kicking in!!!
                  'Maintain a separate back up' enabled.
                  What is happening here ?

Two different PC's both on W10.

Comment

Try going out if debug. Into RUN. The autosave to 40 (as original) then finally back to STOP/DEBUG.
                    Maybe sw is remembering the RUN mode autosave until interval is changed in stopmode.
                    just grasping.

Comment

Tried that already. Closed/open the project, still the same.

AD any comment on this

Comment

juance looks like they addressed this in 3.5.0.16
                        release note
                        7.) Cannot Edit Project while in Debug mode dialog displayed with Autosave turned on.

Comment

Working...
                        X